Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

15K service

New2Holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V V6
what sort of $$$ should I suspect for my 15K service please?

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
its only an oil change and too check over a couple of things. i paid $120 to my mechanic but holden would probably be more

commodore2004

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz berlina
This is my first post on here ,I just had my 30,000km service on my vz but the spedo was reading 26.000km and because it was 12 months since the last service i had to get it done for the sake of the waranty,
The 30,000km is only oil and filter change and wheel balance and rotation,They wanted $275 at the dealers when i complained they droped it to $220,but when i picked the car up only half the service had been done no balance and the colant was empty and the door straps hadn't been touched,
after another arguement with the service manager he agreed to reservice the car next day,
Thats 2 days for one completed service/:bang: :ranting:

A

Andre's SS

commodore2004 said:
This is my first post on here ,I just had my 30,000km service on my vz but the spedo was reading 26.000km and because it was 12 months since the last service i had to get it done for the sake of the waranty,
The 30,000km is only oil and filter change and wheel balance and rotation,They wanted $275 at the dealers when i complained they droped it to $220,but when i picked the car up only half the service had been done no balance and the colant was empty and the door straps hadn't been touched,
after another arguement with the service manager he agreed to reservice the car next day,
Thats 2 days for one completed service/:bang: :ranting:

Yup Holden service centers are ****! 3rd time im going back for a gasket leak.

But we tightened it up. I say NO idiot replace the gasket.

So next monday they are. So Stupid

Scotty_Doesn't_Know

Don't Tell Scotty...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais
Holden after sales service is shocking! Why do you think the decent mechanics won't work for Holden? DEFINITELY take it somewhere else... It will be cheaper AND they will warrant their work.

hkmonaro68

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
Scotty_Doesn't_Know said:
Holden after sales service is shocking! Why do you think the decent mechanics won't work for Holden? DEFINITELY take it somewhere else... It will be cheaper AND they will warrant their work.

Thats the most ludicrous statement made.
You're a complete tool.
Go to your local service station garage and get them to diagnose an electrical fault in a VZ or ZC. They'll have no idea.
Sure the dealers cost a crap load more and they may stuff up (they're only human) , but i bet there is a crap load more dodgey work done at non dealer workshops than at Holden dealerships.
All work done at Holden is warranted. If you buy a genuine part and fit it yourself- you get 12months, If Holden fit it you get 24months.
I know a few decent mechanics that work for Holden, hey, in fact, im one.
Pull you're head in.

uteman

Ford Rules
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 Ute
hkmonaro68 said:
Thats the most ludicrous statement made.
You're a complete tool.
Go to your local service station garage and get them to diagnose an electrical fault in a VZ or ZC. They'll have no idea.
Sure the dealers cost a crap load more and they may stuff up (they're only human) , but i bet there is a crap load more dodgey work done at non dealer workshops than at Holden dealerships.
All work done at Holden is warranted. If you buy a genuine part and fit it yourself- you get 12months, If Holden fit it you get 24months.
I know a few decent mechanics that work for Holden, hey, in fact, im one.
Pull you're head in.
Settle Matey :whistling there are good and bad every where doing every thing

New2Holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V V6
I have booked it in at Holden for Monday, so I'll let you know after that how much they hit me up for. I guess I am one of those people who pay extra for a dealer service in the blind belief they know what they are doing.

Thanks anyway for the general idea of cost and what is done at the 15K service. I hope I am not too late for the reacall fix.

sting ls2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Clubsport ls2 A4
Service prices for minor and major services' vary fom dealer to dealer.One of my mates a rang service centre,was quoted $300 for 30k service so he gets' another quote from a holden service centre nearby and they quoted $214 for the same 30k sevice.He rang back the first place told them the quote that he had and said would they match it,and they did.
My 3ok sevice cost $235,and now just got the 45.000 major service done at 39.000km or every nine months for 04 models,the major cost $345.00.
Very happy with the mechanics who work on my car there,and the service advisors' listen.