Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

18" or 20" rims on an RS-V?

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
The reason I asked in the first place was because an RS-V demonstrator I was looking at buying had them fitted.

Jimbobjimbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RSV
Hi. New to the thread. I have an RSV on 20’s which I bought as is from the dealer. Had it about 3 months now and just had first interstate trip. I found the ride really hard and made me think of actually swapping back to standard rims.

Around town I’ve found the ride acceptable. On the plus side it does look great on the bigger rim.

Just my two cents worth.

arsevee

Reaction score
Members Ride
RS-V Sportwagon
The reason I asked in the first place was because an RS-V demonstrator I was looking at buying had them fitted.

If the car has 20" on it, take them - if you don't like them, it's pretty easy to pick up a set of 18"s (in fact, I'll have a set available shortly...) :)

Badgerdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais V
Happy to meet up and swap rides.
Sorry mate, I missed your post about a month ago.
Yeah, happy to do that, not sure I'll fit in the VXR seats though lol
Something to look at doing this summer :)

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14

Ah, that's fair enough then, thought you were asking about actually buying a new set to replace existing ones. There are a lot of people who think along the "bigger=better" thing when going aftermarket for grip or handling, then sometimes find out that 20's don't give them what they wanted or thought they would or find out they're too harsh. Factory setup should be fine/comfortable though.

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
Ah, that's fair enough then, thought you were asking about actually buying a new set to replace existing ones. There are a lot of people who think along the "bigger=better" thing when going aftermarket for grip or handling, then sometimes find out that 20's don't give them what they wanted or thought they would or find out they're too harsh. Factory setup should be fine/comfortable though.

Yeah, I'm quite happy with the standard 18"rims.