Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

19" SSV Rims on VS Commodore NSW

GordonLOLz

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS II Commodore
Hi i want to put VE SSV Rims on my 97 VS Commodore.
After reading the regulations for NSW, i cant put any bigger than 17" without a certificate and blue slip. I was just wondering if anyone has done this, and how hard was it to get the certificate, and what other steps were involved in this process.
Thanks for any help.

EDGE3

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS COMMODORE,1996 GTS-R COMMODORE
What certificte? and what blue slip? Ive got 18's on my car and its all sweet as long as the tyres fit the rims it dont matter what size you put on,the 2" rule no longer applies

GordonLOLz

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS II Commodore
Reading this document in regards to replacement wheels. http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registration/downloads/vsi/vsi09_rev4.pdf
At the bottom of page 2 it states "The outside diameter of the wheel and tyre combination must be no more than 15mm over the largest diameter
wheel and tyre combination specified for the vehicle"
Then goes on to say "Wheels that exceed the diameter and width limits for minor wheel changes must be assessed by a signatory. If the
signatory finds that the wheels are safe for your vehicle, you will be issued with an engineering certificate.
The vehicle owner must notify the RTA so that registration records can be updated. This is done by obtaining an
“Adjustment of Records” and a “blue slip” from an Authorised Unregistered Vehicle Inspection Station (AUVIS)."

GordonLOLz

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS II Commodore
Sorry after reading through it again, i realized i got confused, thinking of rim size not rim & tire size. after a bit more research i found i can put 225/35 tires on the 19" rim and it is 15mm bigger than the stock rim & tire size, which should be legal. If anyone else is looking at putting bigger wheels on, use this to make sure the overall diameter is no more than 0.6 inches or 15mm bigger than the largest size on your tire placard