Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

191kieran191's all encompassing SV6 Manta exhaust thread (don't start another one!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
hi i got a quote from not_an_abba_fan and he said that manta only make a 2.5" for a Sv6/V8 exhaust am i going to lose power. i have a STOCK SIDI SV6

If they make it specifically for the SV6, it'd be silly if you lost power...

Edit: Why don't you reply to not_an_abba_fan?

191kieran191

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 Thunder Ute
thought i would ask in case some one else in the future has same question

191kieran191

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 Thunder Ute
lol yeh i will be buying it in the next few weeks only got 700 atm need 1200 for the manta catback. might sell a kidney

191kieran191

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 Thunder Ute
Completely Lost

I have spent about a week looking for a exhaust and i get so many different opinions i cant deiced can anyone who has a SV6 SIDI please post there exhaust and state exactly what has been done. i was going to get Manta but cant find any vids of the sound makes me wonder? i found xforce vids but they all sound different some sound good others bad. please help me i dont want a exhaust where i can be herd from like 10 blocks away just somthing that will produce a crisp sound and a youtbe vid would be nice or a sound clip

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
it comes down to the type of metal tubing and mufflers used

I don't know what is best for the sidi engine sorry

191kieran191

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 Thunder Ute
im about to bite the bullet and get a Hurricane 2.5" catback im like one ebay click away from buying it lol

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
im about to bite the bullet and get a Hurricane 2.5" catback im like one ebay click away from buying it lol

Have you had a look at the fun happy times sv6 exhaust thread. Plenty of youtube references there. http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...ssive-fun-happy-time-exhaust-thread-11-a.html

I don't think it is necessary to spend big on your system. Buy a decent set of rear cans....I'd look at Redback or Berkley (PEX)...bolt them on and see how you go. If you want a stainless system later then fair enough but I'd wait until your current system falls apart first and just buy some rear mufflers in the meantime.

191kieran191

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 Thunder Ute
i dont want drone and i have been told that hurricane wont drone cause i said to the guy im buying it from you and it drones your getting bad feedback :)

Status
Not open for further replies.