Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

191kieran191's all encompassing SV6 Manta exhaust thread (don't start another one!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The Manta is mild steel.

I really wish people would stop comparing Manta with XForce. XForce stainless is not a very thick walled pipe, it looks pretty but the quality of the steel itself is not that good.

Manta retails for around $1400-$1600 if you were to buy one in a shop. They are the same quality as KPM and some of the other high end exhausts. Just because I can do them cheaper doesn't mean they are a cheap exhaust. They aren't even on the same planet as Xforce.

SV6GUY

Reaction score
Members Ride
MANUAL VE SV6 S2
Interesting.... Mine (Off a GTS) make a slight note between 2500-3500rpm and other than that you dont hear them at all... AFM mufflers are the same as SV6 mufflers, just have the single exit pipe splitting into 2 for the twin pipe look.

mine are off a 60th anniversary GTS and uphill it drones (especially between 1800-2300), most people don't notice it but i'm pretty OCD and the smallest things irritate me haha

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
i dont want drone and i have been told that hurricane wont drone cause i said to the guy im buying it from you and it drones your getting bad feedback :)

Well that's pretty childish. His idea of drone and your idea of drone could be 2 completely different things.

191kieran191

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 Thunder Ute
Well that's pretty childish. His idea of drone and your idea of drone could be 2 completely different things.

i went with a exhaust from not an abba fan no one on here had anything bad to say about them so it seems a safe bet

191kieran191

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 Thunder Ute
SV6 Manta Exhaust

Hi has anyone got a 2.5" manta cat back on there VE SV6 if you do can you please upload a video or sound file of it

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Thought you already bought one. Well why don't you be the first?

191kieran191

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 Thunder Ute
i did buy one i just want to hear it. it wont be here until the 7th of November

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Cant wait a week? It's gotten many good reviews for the V8's so I doubt it's gonna get a bad review from you. It'll sound good mate, don't worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.