Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1965 HD Holden 355 stroker

355HD

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 Vy commodore s pack/ 355 stroker 1965 HD Holden
Bit of progress since i last updated (been a bit slack) managed to make a road trip up to barsby's and i got lucky and scored a set of 99% rust free guards and a rust free bonnet for $300 BARGIN! and with in 24 hours of being in possession i stripped them back to bare steel prepped and got them into primer as well as getting the doors done too. Made up my custom gearbox cross member 2 weeks ago using a 6mm thick steel plate which i then positioned and double seem welded to the original cross member and drilled the holes up to bolt to the tri- matic box to the plate, this was all done because im using all the original parts and the way i wanted the motor it fell 4.38mm too short of the original cross member (Its always just a flies **** out) so i made a plate to compensate the gap and she's now all bolted up and im cheering then striped back the tail shaft and sprayed it up in a gloss heat residual paint and got her bolted up and now im just waiting on a set of custom headers to be made and i'll have the girl running then its a matter of paint and panel, steering, brakes and interior and she'll be on the street so yeah just thought i'd update you guys on how it all been going

dk4400

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6 UTE
Holy ****!.......$300 bucks eh? geees the old man Barsby must have got a bit the night before or something lol, thats damn cheep from them my friend :)
Great you got a bargain as it makes the trip worth while, I have got plenty of parts from them and there a bunch of good blokes.
I would have loved to have finished mine and drive it around but have to sell it now :( oh well thats life.

355HD

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 Vy commodore s pack/ 355 stroker 1965 HD Holden
hahaha must have done he's was pretty good about it aye so now the car actually has somewhat of a face but im rolling it out of the shed for the first time in about 7 months to give it a clean up so i'll take a **** load of pics to show you the progress

dk4400

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6 UTE
hahaha must have done he's was pretty good about it aye so now the car actually has somewhat of a face but im rolling it out of the shed for the first time in about 7 months to give it a clean up so i'll take a **** load of pics to show you the progress

Cool, sounds good to me, Ive made some progress on mine lately too, not much just fiddly wiring and stuff, you know how its ts :)
Will keep my eyes peeled for the pics.
Cheers.

65 HD jack

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hd holden
Hey just wondering if you could help looking at puttin a 5ltr in my hd