Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[SA] 1979 VB Commodore SLE

AD07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS V 6.0
No-one is going to pay 5k for a car " just for parts".
Unfortunately its just too expensive.
Yes, its a rare find, but unless someone wants this exact car for a project, its about 3k overpriced....

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
No-one is going to pay 5k for a car " just for parts".
Unfortunately its just too expensive.
Yes, its a rare find, but unless someone wants this exact car for a project, its about 3k overpriced....

This. I have been looking for a tidy VC rolling shell, VB would do nicely also, but at $5k, way out of my budget for this project. If serious about getting rid of it, it will have to come down, or spam the crap out of project car type groups who are chasing something to restore.

Best of luck with sale.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
This. I have been looking for a tidy VC rolling shell, VB would do nicely also, but at $5k, way out of my budget for this project. If serious about getting rid of it, it will have to come down, or spam the crap out of project car type groups who are chasing something to restore.

Best of luck with sale.

I shouldn't be commenting here, but you haven't been looking real hard.....I picked up a clean VC, minus motor and gearbox for $200 6 months ago.....Took me a whole week of chasing to find it....

I also found a VB with a 6 cyl and auto for $600 and a VH 6 cyl 4 speed for $1,000.....all within the same week

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 Monaro V2 CV8, '90 Toyota Sera
Car is gone, traded for something hopefully easier to sell.

YRUHATIN

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VZ Clubsport - VB SLE 5L - VH SL V8 - VS Stato
I came across this ad about 4-5 year ago after you had sold it. I later found the car a few towns away from me in the Riverland. I bought it off the guy for $3500, i fell in love with it as soon as i saw it. I just found this post again and thought I would see if you were still an active member and thought i would give you an update on the car.

It is now quite modified with a cammed 5L 304 T700 and VL turbo diff ect. Its crazy how 4 years ago these things were only worth about$3K, and my highest offer that i got a few weeks ago was $22K. I would never sell as it was my first v8 and has a lot of value to me. I loving knowing the history of my cars so if you have any old info on this car that would be interesting, please let me know!

Ive attached a picture of what she looks like now :)
VBSLE.jpg

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
this is an awesome update, do you have a restore/ride thread elsewhere on the forum?

YRUHATIN

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VZ Clubsport - VB SLE 5L - VH SL V8 - VS Stato
this is an awesome update, do you have a restore/ride thread elsewhere on the forum?
I have an instagram account that I post of my cars! It's under TUFFVH but you'll see pictures of VB SLE and other cars also on there!

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 Monaro V2 CV8, '90 Toyota Sera
Not what you want to hear, but I hate this.

This car was original when I had it and sold it. I spent thousands finding original parts and reproductions to match the original. I carefully stripped the interior, replacing what needed to be replaced, fixing what needed to be done. I painstakingly restored the original electric windows and internal wiring. I spent nearly a year finding rare parts for it. Tell me you at least have the original wheels? I sandblasted and restored them.

When it left me all it needed was the paint fixed, the transmission serviced and the aircon compressor was shot. That's it. Everything else was original.

If you had finished the restoration instead this car would be worth in excess of $50,000.

Attachments

• IMG_2369.JPG
    IMG_2369.JPG
    293.2 KB · Views: 202
  • Disassembled2smaller.jpg
    Disassembled2smaller.jpg
    341.5 KB · Views: 194