Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1981 VC Commodore L Sedan - Torquay Sand, 6 Cyl.

cycloneracing

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC Commodore L Sedan
Hi Commodore-lovers:

Here is my Commodore VC. I have posted a pic before on this forum somewhere but here is a new Thread on the car.

IMG_8252.jpg

IMG_8247.jpg

IMG_8246.jpg

IMG_8232.jpg

IMG_8263.jpg

IMG_8258.jpg

IMG_8238.jpg

So at the moment it is almost completely stock standard.
2.85 litre 6 cylinder. 4 speed gearbox. banjo diff.

The 15 inch commodore wheels are not standard; it came with 14" wheels. I have 15" Simmons (both B45 and V5) but they need refurbishment and I don't want to put them on until the car is lowered.

I have moved the battery to the boot; the tray was a little rusty so I cut it out. Sheet metal underneath the tray was OK so the engine bay looks good now, except that the engine is a puny standard 6 with original air intake, cast iron exhaust manifold etc.

I bought this car in Feb 2011, and the guy said in the advertisement "probably the best early commodore for sale in Queensland" which may or may not have been true! I have since changed the petrol tank over because it had a pinhole in it and was leaking. All new rubber hoses needed there as well.
I put a new windscreen in it as the other one was cracked. A few tiny rust spots under there that I fixed up.

Mostly I have just tried to tidy it up a bit and keep it looking good. I don't want it to deteriorate any further (It was originally from TUMUT in NSW, an inland car, so no rust). The body is quite straight; it has only had a bang in the back end (I can tell by the boot floor crinkles which will need fixing one day).

Interior has cloth seats not vinyl, all in great condition, as is the rest of the interior; but it could do with new carpet.

Due to other priorities I don't expect to be able to do anything major with this car for a few years so I am simply going to hold onto it and try to keep it in good condition. One day in a long time I would like a V8 of course, but that's not going to happen for quite a while.

OK that's all, thanks for checking out my Holden.

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
Nice car mate b45s would look amazing but wow it needs to be lower!

Keep at it, there such good cars when you iron out the glitches.

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl walkinshaw(replica)nissan navara d40 st-x turbo
very neat old girl, dying for some new wheels though lol.