Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[QLD] 1981 VC Commodore Sedan 6-cyl 4-speed 16" alloys

cycloneracing

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC Commodore L Sedan
ITEM: Holden Commodore Sedan

PRICE: $5,300 or negotiated offer

YEAR: 1981 (May)

SERIES: VC

BADGE: L

ENGINE: 2.85 litre 6-cylinder

TRANSMISSION: Manual - 4 speed

COLOUR: Torquay Sand

EXTERIOR CONDITION: Good

INTERIOR CONDITION: Good

WHEELS: 16 inch VS Series III Alloys

TYRE CONDITION: Front and rear 70%

TYRE SIZE INCLUDING LOAD RATING: 215/60R16

ODOMETER: 176927

SERVICE HISTORY: None available

REGO OF CAR: Not registered.

REGO TILL: N/A

PLATES INCLUDED: No

RWC: No RWC. Buyer responsibility.

DELIVERY/PICK UP INFORMATION: Pick up only

PAYMENT OPTIONS: COD or Direct Deposit

CONTACT DETAILS: Deleted at users request.

OTHER INFO:

This vehicle is originally from inland NSW (Tumut) so it's a very rust-free example. No rust in the usual places - bottoms of doors, under screens and boot area. Straight car with only one or two minor body blemishes.

Colour: Torquay Sand (original). The paint is not perfect, has a few stone chips, but is pretty good for its age. The only major paint issue is theboot lid surface, which needs a respray. I've repainted the boot floor in black and painted the front valance recently.

I have installed a new front windscreen and windscreen rubber. I repaired a couple of tiny rust holes and repainted that area before fitting the new screen so I can guarantee there's no rust under the windscreen. No rust visible under the rear screen.

The battery is brand new and has been relocated to the boot in a Moroso battery box. Heavy gauge cable is routed through the car to the engine bay connected to a post distribution terminal. Cables were made by an auto-electrician. Cable clamps in SS.

The interior is in excellent condition with no tears. The seats have cloth inserts and rear seat armrest, which were optional. No cracks in dash.

VN petrol tank has been installed (repainted) with all new rubber hoses. Two new horns installed to replace the standard old one. The wheels are from a VS series III; They are 16" dia. alloys, tyres good. Front + rear bumpers are straight, chrome is pretty good.

The car is not registered, however I have progressively fixed up many little things so it would be pretty close to being roadworthy. In the time I have owned it, I have never had it registered, I just kept it in the garage and worked on it when I had time.

At 32 years old, this car is not so common anymore, especially in this condition, in Queensland where most examples of this model are rusted in lots of areas.

Reluctant sale due to separation/divorce. I did not want to sell this car but I'm putting it up for sale due to financial reasons and I'll see if anyone is interested.

PICTURES:

Jarmore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series 2 S
Looking at these for sale posts are going to kill me. I don't have any money to afford this car but god it's beautiful. I hope the new owner of this car takes precious care of it. Utter perfection.