Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1981 Volvo 244 GL 2.3

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
A/C is done - works lovely. Awaiting bill :eek:

Systematically working my way through the vehicle, doing what needs to be done. Most service items replaced. First oil change went off without a hitch. Fuel filter is a bitch to replace due to tight fit and crappy Haynes manual direction. Buggered up the new one so the old one is back on for now. At $50-60 each, they are not cheap! Awaiting new fuel filter, dizzy cap, rotor, leads from repco/ Supercheap. Installed a new antenna so now I have radio, but factory cassette player is dead. Next weekend I will fit the following items I won at the wreckers - complete rear parcel tray, seatbelts, rear speaker grilles and seatbelt covers, and sunvisor clips. After Xmas will bleed the brakes, fluid looking a bit funky.

Volvo has a diff whine, put some diff goo in it like I did the VB, which cured its issue. Will see if it works next time I take vehicle out.

This is a shoestring build so no absolutely no modding. Not even adding any period accessories, like I did to the VB......

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
Some updates:

- Diff goo worked
- Gearbox was a bit noisy so I changed the oil. Quite a bit of metal in it. Gearbox much quieter now, but apparently this model gearbox was always a bit noisy, even when rebuilt.
- A/C rebuild came in $700 under budget :smoking:
- Fitted new cap, leads and rotor. Car runs better now.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
Updates - fitting some period factory alloys I found on eBay, should look great.

Have discovered headlining might need some work down the track. This is a windscreen out job. :eek: My Haynes manual lied to me. 'Remove it via the passenger door' my arse!

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
Update - has been resprayed. Undertaking mechanical restoration right now. Sourcing parts is a bitch, though. Getting headlining recovered these holidays.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Snap!

10984780_929105300441301_686460174_n.jpg

Almost :p

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
Best place for that model Volvo as far as I'm concerned (not on the road) but that might have more to do with the kind of person that used to drive them.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Ya'll know these things only weight 1200kg right? And IMO the most ridiculous and amazing modification scene IN THE WORLD?

This vehicle deserves much more credit.

8.3ltr Twin Turbo V10 Viper engine? DO ITTTTTTTTTTTT

Volvo242-ViperTT-09.jpg

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Back in the mid 90's there was a very clean Volvo wagon parked at a factory where I was doing a job, it had nice wheels and chev badges on it. My curiosity got the better of me so I investigated and it had a 350 chev in it. I was suitably impressed.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well after some months of neglect time to get back into it.

I have reinstalled a new headliner and have done all the mechanical stuff.

Going to wreckers this weekend to get the rest of ANY trim item i need, then going web-shopping and be on the blower to all Volvo parts places to get the bits I need.

Its school holidays for 17 days as of 3.15 Friday in all, so basically even if I allow myself 3 hrs a day to plan lessons and 1 hr a day to exercise, this still gives me about 12 hrs a day at least to work on it. Over 200 hours of potential working time. Big list of things to do. Might even get it finished!

Critical path item is to get dash recovered. It's out, need to book it in with courier to get it to dashboard doctor.