Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1982 SLX Holden Commodore sedan

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
should look sweet, may I suggest you paint the block and heads for some wow factor-just my 2 cents worth lol

windowless66

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh slx
should look sweet, may I suggest you paint the block and heads for some wow factor-just my 2 cents worth lol

Just in the stock blue yeah? Thats what I was planning on doing.........I thought you meant white for a second but that'd look awesome for about a week before the gaskets started weeping :p

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
pmsl,yeah the stock blue would look awesome,

white motor would look good but very impractical-lol

windowless66

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh slx
Bit of an update nothing exciting. Changed the front cross member,struts and rack as a whole unit. Engine bay painted will need another coat before the engine goes in.

One of the rims with a bit of a clean up still needs a fair bit of work. Thinking each rim will need about three hours work :p

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
watch out under the bonnet on sunny days-lol,you will need some sunnies for sure-lol

windowless66

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh slx
Little bit of progress rear disks are all on. I was going to put a kit through my engine before installing but because I havent really had it running yet might change it over first. Gasket kits aren't cheap!

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
no they are not cheap,but will be cheaper in the long run if you refresh her before dropping everything in though-just my opinion-lol

windowless66

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh slx
I agree but my plan is
1.Drop her in
2.Get her running
3.Pull her out
4.Change gaskets
5.Put her back
Seems like a waste of time I know But I've only had it running by tipping fuel down the carby it ran and Idled fine but I'd like to know for sure.
I've already bought the gasket kit, just now I've paid for it I don't want to waste it.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
ahha,I understand now-lol,yes if you aren't bothered with pulling out etc-no pun intended,then do that and see how she goes,if you end up rebuilding her I would put new rings etc in if the bore is in good nick,thats just me though-lol