Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1983 VH Commodore V8 Conversion

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Crisis averted....they were sitting on a bench in the shed. Found them after tearing girlfriends room apart, blaming her for moving them, pulling the rear seat out to look in the boot....great night.

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
You shoved a trumpet up your ass?? TMI man...get back to working on the VH!

LOLwut?!

Was gunna say I snuck into the girls showers and fapped in the corner, but meh! :p

Lewie

B Cast and flat topped!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Very thirsty VT & VH project under way! YAY!!
How's the build going mate? Making any progress? Hope you've cooled down. I would have **** a kitten to going by the sound of things.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
^

More problems. Well, lack of knowledge problem is the main hurdle. Decided i would use vac gauge to adjust the idle mixtures, as per the Holley website, wound the mixture screws all the way in, attached the vac gauge and then tried the backing the screws out until i get the max amount of vac showing on the gauge.

Now, the car wont idle properly (shakes) and feels like it's misfiring whenever i open the throttle up in idle. I've also had to bump the idle up a fair way. Gave up after a while, not sure how far the idle screws are, 3.5 turns at final count all arount. Not sure if this is still running too lean, and i have plenty ofthread left, or if im right near the screws coming out????