Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1985 Brock/Moffat HDT replica.

unruly

Reaction score
Members Ride
1971 HG Premier. 406 chev
Since Brocky's death, my facination with Brocky at Bathurst has been rekindled. I have always thought mocking up a race car would be pretty cool.
I have looked at toranas, but they are becoming very expensive to buy. So I looked at the 80's and thought a replica of the Brock / Moffat Mobil VK from 1985 would be pretty easy to achieve.

I would not be after a full replica, just a car that looks good from a distance. It wont be designed for the race track as I wouldn't put a cage in it or a hotty motor.

My question is... would a std V8 VK be a suitable base for such a project. Can I get aftermarket front spoilers for them etc. Any feedback either positive or negative would be appreciated.

da_1.jpg

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
All the parts are easily available. What you are describing is more or less a paint job. The group A cars were not far off stock standard road cars anyway. There were very few mods (Roll cage, suspension, race seat, fuel tank, minimal engine mods).

The car you have pictured was one of the very early cars which had no body kit and a virtually stock standard engine etc. Later cars were based on the Brock "SS" and then finally the "SS Group A" which each had upgrades to the aero kits and mechanical mods. Most of the race car mods are streetable.

Reaper