Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1985 Injected VK Executive

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
Just thought I would update Brad's thread for him :p

We've decided to buy a VH shell to put all the good gear from PEAKN6 into. The reason...well when we bought the car it pulled pretty hard to the left, we figured a wheel alignment would fix it. But nope, that didn't work. We took it into my work and my boss measured up the wheels and we noticed the left hand side front wheel was moved back a bit. He said we might just need a new radius rod, coz a lot of the cars that come in with front end damage need new ones due to them being bent from their collision.

So we chucked it in the shed, took the bonnet off and lifted the motor a bit with the block and tackle, undid the engine mounts and then replaced the whole kframe and front suspension out of my VH. It still pulled to the left a bit but all the creaking noises stopped! For a few days, then it started making wierd creaking noises again....grrrrr......so we figured it was definitely a twisted chassis. We have a chassis aligning machine at work, but didn't really wanna ask my boss if we could use it, and plus it still wouldn't feel the same.

So that's why we're getting the VH shell. :)

Now.....took some pics the other day when we chucked some side skirts and rear apron on it. I bought the kit for my VH but didn't end up putting it on, and now I have the VK wagz. We put it on PEAKN6 to see how it looked. The rear apron has a chunk taken out the middle for a hayman reese towbar...the new VH has got one so that's kool. Still haven't found a front air dam yet tho...so if u know of one for sale, let us know. :)

We also took the Peddar ultra low springs out the back coz I wanna see how they look in my wagon coz my king springs lows just aren't low enuf....so thats why the back is so low in these pics :p

PEAKN6_KIT_001.jpg

PEAKN6_KIT_002.jpg

PEAKN6_KIT_003.jpg

PEAKN6_KIT_004.jpg

NOT.BT1

Bogan pride
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VN exec project vh in the shed
damn thats low rear skirt looks good shame about the chassis but hey a vh is better then a vk imo keep up the good work guys