Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1985 VK Commodore Interceptor

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
this is me last night:

*concentrating heavily* "1 turn, 1.5 turns, 2... watch vac.... hmmm, bit more 2.5 turns, 3 turns... watch vac hmmm, not good, back to 2.5 turns, ....hmmm, ok try 2.25 turns... hmmm"

this is dirby:
"blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah vblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah"

at one stage i had to just say "DUDE!!! STFU IM TRYING TO COUNT!!!!!"

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
lol you literally did say that a few times.

Got a new battery today, new sparks plugs and small dizzy cap and some new battery terminals so we wont have to jump the car everytime its turned off as it was last night.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
And photo of the stock police exhaust, twin off the headers into them middle muffler and single out the back.

2011-03-19152734.jpg

not Police exhaust...just std VK V8 exhaust (have a look at the GMH parts manual for VK)

also
curious as to why its got a rear stabiliser (top RH of pic) as VK BT1s had no rear bar ex factory

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
ah k, never seen a factory VK V8 with a twin exhaust system into the single middle muffler on any other VK before.

All the ones ive seen have had a Y pipe and a single all the way

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
not Police exhaust...just std VK V8 exhaust (have a look at the GMH parts manual for VK)

also
curious as to why its got a rear stabiliser (top RH of pic) as VK BT1s had no rear bar ex factory

We are looking at a car 25 years on that was nothing more than a cheap hotrod and/or daily transport for most of that time. Hardly surprising that there are non standard mods - try to find a 100% stock standard slr5000 since about 1980! :)

Reaper

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
its a special order SA Interceptor, not a Victorian BT1 and I've never seen any VK without a rear stabliser out of the 5 i've owned they've all had em.

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl walkinshaw(replica)nissan navara d40 st-x turbo
looks like a good project keep us posted.

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
Changed the fuel tank, found out the new tank's fuel pump was dead after i put 20L in it, managed to change it over to the old pump without even loosing 1 Litre of petrol i reckon :) so no more holes in the tank :)

New battery, battery terminals and spark plugs and rotor button are in, had to gap the plugs myself since burson's was out of pregapped ones and the PC system was down and i cbf waiting for it to possibly come up :p and the rotor button i got given from autobarn was the wrong one so i am still using the big dizzy cap till monday.

Car runs nicely now, just need to replace the dizzy with a smaller cap and small rotor button and retune it, get a wheel alignment and cover the high fill sections in the paint and it will be ready for roady.