Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1985 vk wagon

Jono90

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk wagon 202
Hi all

i have recently purchased a 1985 vk wagon with a 202 engine wich has been converted to gas and i am wanting to drop a v8 in there. Just a few quetions on it though, is there a proper process of bleeding the gas from the tank and lines before removing it as the engin is not running? im thinking of putting a 5l fuel injected v8 into it but to bypass the computer system i was thinking of converting the injector system to a carby any help on the process ie would it be a big job what problems will i run into? or would it be cheaper again to buy a small block crate engine with carby set up allready? and im also wondering what v8 commodore kframes will fit in the vk and which would be the best diff?

all feed back in appreciated.

cheers.

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
I think there is a tap on the gas tank open up the cover on it and have a look, turn it off and then go to town disconnecting everything.

If you want to go the old school carbie look check out throttle body injection, basically a carbie manifold with injectors and a throttle body where the carbie sits and you run a sports or regular carbie style air filter. Best of both worlds EFI performance and classic look.