Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1988 VN Wagon Bargain

TysonSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
1988 VN wagon
Hi Guys,

Been reading through the forums for repairs since i have scored a VN wagon off a bloke at work for $100
Drove it home Thursday :) I gave my i30 to the fiancee and I was getting after a ute as I ride my Motorbike to work and don't need a car.
But who could say no to a $100 wagon.

Its a 1988 v6 auto with rebuilt freezing aircon and cruise control. the odometer broke at 236000km 2 years ago it was owned by a Holden mechanic since 1990 who sold it to his son in 2009
so it has actually been well looked after and is still pretty original. It is my second commodore abit of a step down lol

It runs and drives pretty fine I polished it and did a service including oil and filter, air filter, fuel filter and spark plugs (these were like seized and stuffed and such a mission)
and it has injector cleaner in it atm as it runs a little rough.
for RWC it needs a roof lining and tyres ;) then possibly a tailshaft service some brake pads and shocks (atm it takes off and picks up the front they are that shagged pretty awesome though haha

As bought
VN.jpg

after a polish :)
WP_20140405_001.jpg
WP_20140405_002.jpg

Thought id post so i can ask questions if needed but most things or on these boards anyhow.

My old 2001 vx SS 6 spd, had to trade it as I barely had a licence after owning it for 5 years from 18.
004.jpg

Cheers

Tyson

Last edited: