Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1989 vn v8 in tank return fuel line hose broken in tank

Sv5000chris

Reaction score
Members Ride
1989 VN HSV SV5000
Thanks for the tips. Will see what radiator places can do the job. Even not sure on getting 2nd hand , could still get fuel line issues later :(

Sv5000chris

Reaction score
Members Ride
1989 VN HSV SV5000
Found a radiator shop in parkside recommended by work colleagues to re-new the fuel hose to the swirl pot connection inside the tank to the return spigot or barb. They had to cut it open which im okay with as I know it will get done properly and all new hose and clamps will last another 30 years (fingers crossed) re-welded tank and welded back on the spigot barb connection. They even have repainted the tank for me. $200 well spent i think
Pictures to come tomorrow

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
Found a radiator shop in parkside recommended by work colleagues to re-new the fuel hose to the swirl pot connection inside the tank to the return spigot or barb. They had to cut it open which im okay with as I know it will get done properly and all new hose and clamps will last another 30 years (fingers crossed) re-welded tank and welded back on the spigot barb connection. They even have repainted the tank for me. $200 well spent i think
Pictures to come tomorrow
Good job for the price, as long as the new hose they used was submersible petrol hose and not heater hose - a slim chance but I'm just thinking of the kind of hose likely to be in a radiator shop.

Sv5000chris

Reaction score
Members Ride
1989 VN HSV SV5000
Good job for the price, as long as the new hose they used was submersible petrol hose and not heater hose - a slim chance but I'm just thinking of the kind of hose likely to be in a radiator shop.
No, all good I supplied the hose to them , definitely submersible fuel hose the gates $40 (roughly) part number 27093. Pic below

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201007-180026_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201007-180026_Chrome.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 188

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
If they did a decent paint job then I'd say it's a big win.

Do like those bulkhead plates although not necessary they'd make job so much easier to service tank etc

Sv5000chris

Reaction score
Members Ride
1989 VN HSV SV5000
If they did a decent paint job then I'd say it's a big win.

Do like those bulkhead plates although not necessary they'd make job so much easier to service tank etc
Yeh the bulkhead plates are a good idea .
Paint work was a quick job but its not a perfect tank anyway, least will look good on the car, they did knock out a dent the previous owner managed to do also. So happy for all the work they did for $180 in the end.

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
Yeh the bulkhead plates are a good idea .
Paint work was a quick job but its not a perfect tank anyway, least will look good on the car, they did knock out a dent the previous owner managed to do also. So happy for all the work they did for $180 in the end.
Also in SA here on the west side of town. Who did you use for the work ?
I had a friend ask a 2 weeks ago to do an internal fuel hose for him, but I dont have time with my current work load.

Sv5000chris

Reaction score
Members Ride
1989 VN HSV SV5000
Mick at parkside radiators ,Melrose park. Gave the tank to him 1 day, completed it the next day.