Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1990 VG Ute Build!

vgtom

Reaction score
Members Ride
90' VG UTE
So, I picked up my manual 1990 VG Ute (benchseat) with 212k's on the clock for $2k as my first car. When I bought the car a couple months ago it was pretty well stock, had MSD leads, new plugs, 2" sports exhaust with a blown muffler.. had a headunit and a few other little bits and bobs.

ute.jpg

Since then I have done a few more things to start getting this build under way. At the moment I can't do too much as I'm still on my P's and don't want to run the risk of defect/draw attention to myself.

First, I lowered it on Kings KHFL-47 and KHPR-24 (planning on going lower, Superlows), got a 2.5" Redback sports exhuast + unknown headers (free off a mate), VY SS 18" mags (gutter rash to be fixed and resprayed) with Bridgestone Supercat tyres on all 4, new a/c compressor + gas, new harmonic balancer, slim line sub (under passenger seat) and a few other little interior cosmetic things.

ute2.jpgute1.jpg

I've got some big plans for this little Ute in the future, my goal is to work the Buick 3.8 and turbo it. Try push 300HP at the rear wheels, keep it street legal.

I've got plenty more cosmetic issues to fix while saving up for the bigger stuff eg. roof lining, re-line the tub, repair gutter rash, tint.

This is just the start of this long build and hopefully this rig will stick around, any help/thoughts on what you'd do is much appreciated.

VGTom!

Last edited:

C B

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY II Storm Ute
Hey mate, your ute looks good in that colour and with the VY SS wheels. Going lower will make it look even better :D

You've said it's a VG but it has a VR/S front? From what I can tell it's a VS, but you said it's got a the Buick engine? So a VR with VS clear side indicators?

Nevertheless it looks good and should clean up nice :p Add some more pictures for us :thumbsup:

Cheers

EDIT Looked closely at second pic and can see the VG dash hahah. Disregard my above Q's then... :p