Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1990 VN super low king springs

KeaganKaotic

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 3.8 VN Wagon
I purchased a pair or rear Super Low King Springs for my 1990 VN Wagon.
I was told, and have looked at a few threads on Justcommodores.com and they say the same thing: "That when replacing springs with lower/performance springs, with either super lows or lows, its recommended to change your shocks, but NOT absolutly necessary" but if I were to have purchased Ultra lows or some lower set of springs, it would be absolutly nessessary to change the shocks??

True or false?

Also, where is a spot on, precise place to drill a hole in the fire wall to run a power cable to my amp? Everything in my VN is sealed up, tight as a virgins c***

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
If you don't use shortened shocks, you run the risk of having them fall out it you go over bumps at high speeds. Also, the stock shocks will wear out much, much faster because they are always being compressed more due to the lowered height.

My recommendation = don't be cheap.

vn_v6

Blumpkin
Reaction score
Members Ride
87 vl limited edition
i ran my amp wires through a grommet for the bonnet cable, its under the washer bottle, pull the grommet off and push the wire through, it should come out where you have your fuses, just follow the bonnet wire, :)

vn_v6

Blumpkin
Reaction score
Members Ride
87 vl limited edition
my mates brother had a vr, choppers all round, he had about 3 coils in the back, he drove it for over a year and he never had a spring pop out, aslong as u dont get bloody airborne with your car, theres no way ultra lows will come out if 3 coil chopped springs didnt, i mean cmon, out of how many people have stock shocks, and its only the ones that go 80kmph over a speed bump that the spring pops out, just gotta be sensible with your driving.......

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
"sensible with driving" and " "chopped springs" should NEVER be used in the same sentance.. :D

change your shocks, your butt, and your missus's b00bs will thank you for it...

don't drill holes in your firewall, there are plenty of places to run amp wire, as hundreds/thousands before you have done...

vn_v6

Blumpkin
Reaction score
Members Ride
87 vl limited edition
hahaha lol at "ur misses boobs", and im not saying its the best thing to do lol cus id rather use proper ones and not completely F%&$ my ride quality lol but yeah with shocks you will feel a difference also, because they are more in theri efficient range, as with stock ones, their supposed to sit higher, and sooner or later, youl be bouncing around like the spirit of tasmania wen your stock ones go

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
I purchased a pair or rear Super Low King Springs for my 1990 VN Wagon.
I was told, and have looked at a few threads on Justcommodores.com and they say the same thing: "That when replacing springs with lower/performance springs, with either super lows or lows, its recommended to change your shocks, but NOT absolutly necessary" but if I were to have purchased Ultra lows or some lower set of springs, it would be absolutly nessessary to change the shocks??

True or false?

I ran Ultra lows in my VP V6 Calais IRS with no camber kit and stock shocks with no problems, I ran this setup for about 18 months - 2 years

vn_v6

Blumpkin
Reaction score
Members Ride
87 vl limited edition
my point exactly....... lol