Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1991 VP Calais - HSV Enhanced

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
Damn, looks mint man. That daily is homo, clearly you shoulda gotten a Suzuki Mighty Boy :p

Nah, I couldn't find a Mighty Boy with the optional 2 speed auto hehehe.

Its my daily for the work run, carting stuff to the tip as I am doing house renovations, and chucking the bikes in when I go mountain biking. Its nice to drive, 5 speed manual, 2 litre, and the average fuel consumption is 9l/100km, as opposed to 14l/100km in the HSV.........

Oh, waaaay better build quality too ;)

HSV472

i just got one
Reaction score
Members Ride
hsv vr clubsport
Quote Oh, waaaay better build quality too

:cry:

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well I don't think I'm going to sell it anymore. When I finish renovating my house I'll haul it off to the panel beaters for a touch up and get the interior retrimmed.

I took it out of the shed on the weekend, the first time its been out in nearly 6 months. Bought a new battery and she fired up first go.

Reversed out and noticed the puddle on the floor, and then I smelt it - a fuel line was leaking.

Got that sorted and took it for a drive. It's amazing how crude and rough these things can be, especially when you are used to driving much more modern cars :p

89 vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN Exec, 94 VR SS
Heh reminds me of when occasionally ive gone from driving my commodore to my mums toyota echo and i literally laugh outloud at its speed, 70-80km is about 5 secs 0-100 about 2 mins.
I honestly find no difference in ride quality from my commodore to that echo and my commodore is a 94 and the echo is a 2004 i think, maybe you need to get a newer model commodore and get the best of both worlds: power/ride quality

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
Heheh, my VP has got nothing on my Suzuki in the way of ride quality and general overall quiteness, and thats saying something because the Suzuki ain't the most refined vehicle out there hehe.

Its just good to hop into it every now and again and then try to remember why I ever continued to drive it as a daily for 5 years :p

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
If you are hardley driving it put your HSV plates back on it they looked heaps better... and save some money on storage then... ?

Looks very nice mate:thumbsup:

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
If you are hardley driving it put your HSV plates back on it they looked heaps better... and save some money on storage then... ?

Looks very nice mate:thumbsup:

Cheers.

I have the plates in storage at the RTA in NSW, I'm in QLD.

I'll probably sell the plates sooner or later as I can't get that combination up here.....