Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1992 vp instrument cluster

eddie68

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 vp commodore wagon
my speedo has decided to stop working on my vp so i am looking at replacing the whole instrument cluster, can anyone tell me how to remove the old one, so i can put in another one. thankyou eddie

DJ_Cosmic_Fire

smarter not harder
Reaction score
Website
www.house-mixes.com
Members Ride
VP S-Pack Oct '91 - VT SrsII Wagon
my speedo has decided to stop working on my vp so i am looking at replacing the whole instrument cluster, can anyone tell me how to remove the old one, so i can put in another one. thankyou eddie

It is quite an easy job mate, disconnect negative battery terminal then remove the screws on dash satellite surround & take the dash surround off (the plastic trim directly in front of the the steering wheel). This will reveal the cluster where you need to remove the 2 power lugs from the satellite switch blocks. The screws are located directly above where the cluster is - which is in front of steering wheel plus the 2 screws each side under the dash surround. There are 2 more screws either side of the cluster on the white retaining tabs for the cluster itself which you will need to remove. Then you will be able to take the cluster out & repair/replace. Be certain your new cluster is out of a VN/VP or be prepared to get smoked.