Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1993 VR Funny engine vibration

scozz

Reaction score
With engine running, put your foot on the brake and put it in drive - does it vibrate? Then put it in reverse (foot still on the brake), then engine will kick the opposite way, Is it vibrating?

I had this problem with my VN - It was the engine mounts.

D

davo

I have found a temporary solution for the moment...

If i leave it in third at 100kph the engine ticks over at ~3000rpm instead of ~1500 to 2000 rpm.

Vibration gone.... although fuel economy on short trips at 100k will be shithouse, and im not sure if the engine likes sitting on 3 grand for 10mins at a time.

this will do me until i get a chance to really fix the problems.

vr_calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr calais v6
happy motoring

:D glad to hear you have fixed the problem for now great news ;)

C

ccassie

I have the exact same problem you are having. Vibration when slightly depressing the accelerator. Happens in 4th gear anytime I am doing over about 85kms.

Having read a lot of the articles on this forum I am thinking it has something to do with the TCC (Torque Converter Clutch).

I am also getting the following fault Codes specific for the Transmission.

Code 68 - Transmission Component Slipping
Code 73 - Pressure Control Solenoid Current

I am hoping to replace the Gearbox Oil and Filter soon and at that time will check the TCC Solenoid to see if it is working properly (if I can)

Anyone else's imput would be greatly appreciated.

baz_ka40

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII exec V6
i've had the same problem. turns out it was only using 5 cylinders! make sure all the wires are connected properly (check if all six wires r plugged)

S

Sun Tai

my vr engine seems to shake bad when i started up but the leads and spark plugs were replaced and still have the problem, can anyone help? thankz