Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1994 VR Acclaim w/ L67 + T5

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute
um got realtime tuning 98% up and running. i'll put up some pics tonight of the coolness.

looking at W2A intercoolers to at the moment, so yeah...

also looking for a small run about car so I can pull the engine out of my car and do a few things that are in need of attention.

hopefully got 3.45LSD going in this week, or failing that I've got 3.08LSD sitting waiting.

thats all I can think of right now.

HoldenManDan

Built, not bought...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec SII 4.2L L67 T56 :D
haha its tonight already, we want pics!

Also, a reputable tuner i've spoken with strongly recommends A2A over W2A coolers... cant remember all the reasons why but he's been tuning cars for 25 years so he knows what he's talking about. Something for you to think about anyway!

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
haha its tonight already, we want pics!

Also, a reputable tuner i've spoken with strongly recommends A2A over W2A coolers... cant remember all the reasons why but he's been tuning cars for 25 years so he knows what he's talking about. Something for you to think about anyway!

yeah i've looked both, leaning towards W2A mainly for the stealth factor, and also because of the lack of tuners and support here in the nations capital!
not sure though, still need to do a whole lot more research before I make the jump, cause I really did no research at all with the engine conversion, kinda just winged it lol.

NVRAM conversion

NVRAM conversion from another angle

USB Port for connection

USB Port for communication

USB Comm's board

USB Connection Board

Last edited:

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
tp5screenshot.jpg

Screen Shot from TP5

HoldenManDan

Built, not bought...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec SII 4.2L L67 T56 :D
that looks awesome dude! Definately something i've been thinking about doing... did you get a kit that does the trick or something a little more custom? Not too expensive either? Very interested man...

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
its a couple of parts, the memcal NVRAM conversion, and the comms board. Then you need the software, which is free.

Check out delcohacking.net, in the For Sale section. Parts cost around $250

Its only in beta testing atm, but soon to be more widely released I guess.

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
Just thought I'd post up recent progress/mods/fixes I've done.

Fitted 3.08LSD around about a month ago, along with a Nolathane rear diff mount bush, and replacement rear shocks, as the old shocks were doing absolutely nothing. LSD is great, doesn't just spin every time you take off in the wet. Diff mount bush has firmed up the rear end alot, which is also alot to do with the fact the the rubber part of the original diff mount was completely separated, and just flopping around.

Got sick of the noise and hot air coming up from around the gear stick, and due to the lack of availability of the rubber boots, decided to fit something else.
Found that Ford still have available, the boots for the EA, EB 5 speed (also a T5). Bought a boot, and retainer, and screwed that down to the floor plate. Made heaps of difference, nice and quiet now.

Fitted a 80l long range fuel tank a couple of weeks back. Actually able to go 7 days without filling up, got around 550kms last tank, but it only took 60l, so I'm going to run it down a bit further this time.

Also fitted a wind deflector to the drivers window.

Latest mod, is fitting modified fuel rails from a VS V6. Had to cut off the original mounting points, drill out the front of the rails, tap a thread into them, screw in Speedflow fittings, and mount brackets to rails.
Had a few issues with the thread tapping and Speedflow fittings, because the hole and thread need to be tapered. Ended up getting the fittings welded in.
Rails look good, gets rid of the lines running over the top of the blower (which in turn makes the blower stand out more :D).

Thats about it at the moment.

Will get more photos up when I get a chance to take some. Waiting to get a picture of both rails, because one is back off to get a leak fixed in one fitting.

Last edited: