Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1994 VR Acclaim w/ L67 + T5

njb1988

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 vt2 ls1 6spd
hey mate, looks good, i bet she moves now ay.
was it hard to swap them over?
im thinkin it would be pretty straightforward like comp, bcm, looms. was there much else?

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute
Hey mate looks very very good! Excellent work with it.

yeah its getting there. got a vs manual live axle sedan kinda of lined up for around a grand. so hopefully i'll get that, bash the manual in this one, then slowly get the vs looking awesome, and then drop the engine and box etc into the vs down the track, and perfect what i've done.

so hopefully after xmas, itll have a manual, and i can come cruising with you guys.

hey mate, looks good, i bet she moves now ay.
was it hard to swap them over?
im thinkin it would be pretty straightforward like comp, bcm, looms. was there much else?

i changed engine, gearbox, extractors, engine harness, computer, fuel pump, high pressure power steering line, power steering reservoir, upper and lower radiator hoses, one of the heater hoses, intake air temp sensor in air box, made intake pipe with maf sensor, vats turned off and wired engine/pcm harness into body/power harness.

just getting the a/c sorted out now, gotta change engine mounts to bolt the compressor on. hopefully i can sort that out during the week.

cars off the road for a few days to do VT brake upgrade (getting master cylinder bored out to 1" or 1 1/4" as well), get tyre repaired, and get a/c compressor mounted so i can get some a/c for the summer. maybe even get the headlining done if im feeling real adventurous.

that is all.

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
Manual conversion is that close to been done. Its driveable, and oh, does it drive.

I ended up blowing the pump in the auto, it ran dry a few weeks ago after a rock hit the trans cooler. got it welded, filled it back up with fluid, and it was good for a week, then all of a sudden it lost all drive. Lucky I already had the donor car paid for.

Its a completely different car to drive now. With SummerNats coming up I think I'll have to check out the Billet Shifters there to spice up the shifting some.

Seems to be going fine atm with the auto tune, just revs a bit higher when idling for about 10 seconds after you lift the foot off the throttle.

As for the exhaust, the Pacemakers aren't as long as the old ones, so I had to dodgy up the exhaust for now, till shops open again and I can get it done properly.

Flywheel Adaptor
CIMG2923.jpg

Clutch
CIMG2928.jpg

Interior
CIMG2984.jpg

Awesome Exhaust mod
CIMG2987.jpg

General underneath shot
CIMG2989.jpg

Extractors
CIMG2993.jpg

Pedals
CIMG3024.jpg

Last edited:

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
got the exhaust fixed to today, so the conversion is officially completed.

exhaust shop did a bloody good job of it, and now the pacemakers are hooked up correctly, they've made a big difference to the sound of the exhaust. sounds heaps better.

i'll get it back on the dyno in late feb, early march, to see what sort of difference there is. feels like there's heaps more power than before.

CIMG3032.jpg
CIMG3033.jpg

HoldenManDan

Built, not bought...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec SII 4.2L L67 T56 :D
Hey mate, looking great! I cant believe how quickly it all came together, you must be loving it! Lol what did you do to get the shifter sitting that low? And dont forget, if you think it flies now, and you find yourself getting used to the power, a 10psi pulley upgrade is friggin good bang for buck, and bloody easy to do! Will get you up around 200kw at the motor! Keep up the good work!

:beer chug:

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey mate, looking great! I cant believe how quickly it all came together, you must be loving it! Lol what did you do to get the shifter sitting that low? And dont forget, if you think it flies now, and you find yourself getting used to the power, a 10psi pulley upgrade is friggin good bang for buck, and bloody easy to do! Will get you up around 200kw at the motor! Keep up the good work!

:beer chug:

yeah its great. bought the car in april, so 8 months ago didn't even have a commodore, to this ha.

lol yeah the shifter's a bit dodgy. the guy before the guy i bought the car off decided to cut it down, then bored out the knob and glued it on. was real loose, so i fixed it temp. and im gunna machine something with a thread so i can take it on and off, and bring the height back up 20mm or so.

haha yeah got the exhaust done thursday, drove it heaps thursday, and yesterday, now today i'm all ready getting used to it. 10psi time!

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Wow! This is really turning into something else.

What's the flywheel setup you're running? And what are you adapting?

I must say, Wamboin is a great place for a drive though.

jonko

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5 ltr
hey mate thats awesome whats the v6 go like super charged