Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1994 VR Acclaim w/ L67 + T5

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute
Wow! This is really turning into something else.

What's the flywheel setup you're running? And what are you adapting?

I must say, Wamboin is a great place for a drive though.

flywheel setup is from V6 Conversions. It is a neutrally balanced flywheel, to keep the balancing of the flexplate, and the ring gear. Flywheel bolts to flexplate, then bolts go through flexplate and flywheel into crankshaft.

You been to Wamboin??

Sweet commo.

How did you find the Manual conversion?

my tradesman's mate had a full car sitting at his place for a year since it hit a kangaroo. so i bought it off him.

hey mate thats awesome whats the v6 go like super charged

not to bad. only stock at the moment.

jonko

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5 ltr
how much charger cost

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
flywheel setup is from V6 Conversions. It is a neutrally balanced flywheel, to keep the balancing of the flexplate, and the ring gear. Flywheel bolts to flexplate, then bolts go through flexplate and flywheel into crankshaft.

You been to Wamboin??

So V6 conversions make a flywheel that bolts up to the auto flex plate? I'm guessing that eliminated the need to find a genuine T5 flywheel? I didn't think V6conversions would have that kind of stuff.

And yeah, I been to Wamboin. My parents have friends out there, my Dad and his mate even used to go and play golf on the volunteer fire fighters bush golf course. Haven't been there in a fair while though. Good roads for a long drive.

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah they sure do. it eliminated the need to get the t5 flywheel balanced to the l67 engine.

v6conversions has alot of things you wouldnt think they had. complete bolt in front ends to suit hk-hz i think, kits to fit v6's to just about anything.

ha yeah its a good little place. where you from?

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
yeah they sure do. it eliminated the need to get the t5 flywheel balanced to the l67 engine.

v6conversions has alot of things you wouldnt think they had. complete bolt in front ends to suit hk-hz i think, kits to fit v6's to just about anything.

ha yeah its a good little place. where you from?

Do you know if they have a parts catalogue? All I can find on their site is their conversion pages.

I hail from Canberra.

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
not sure, maybe drop them an email and see what they've got.

in other news, i've got 4 wedge globes to replace on the exterior of the car till none are standard globes. got LEDS all round, and HID headlights. best looking ones are the reverse lights, nice bright white instead of yellow. indicators look good too, and the brake lights come on instantly.

CIMG3044.jpg
CIMG3055.jpg

Last edited:

HoldenManDan

Built, not bought...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec SII 4.2L L67 T56 :D
Cool man! I'm thinking of doing the same thing eventually, you should post up a vid of how the indicators look, I was unsure if the instant on/off of the led globes would suit a vs. Did you do the number plate and parker globes too? If so what did you use as I got some crap ones off eBay with 5 LEDs per globe and they've all blown a couple of LEDs each.

Keep it up mate!

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah i've done park lights and number plate lights. used narva led wedge globes. $8.80 a pair they cost me @ trade price. seem to be ok, but they've only got a single led, so they are not the best in the numberplate lights, but park lights they work real good.

ethann

Low And Luxurious!
Reaction score
Members Ride
'11 WRX, '73 Stingray, Lifted/Locked GQ.
my tradesman's mate had a full car sitting at his place for a year since it hit a kangaroo. so i bought it off him.

Mad, I just bought a vr that hit a 4b the other day. Manual is so much better!
So I will be putting the full manual conversion in my stato =D

Did you run into any problems or was it easy as cause you had a complete donor?