Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] 1994 VR Statesman Dual Fuel V6 *Project

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
ITEM: 1994 VR Statesman V6 Dual Fuel.

PRICE: $1450 negotiate

YEAR: 1994

SERIES: 1

BADGE: Statesman

ENGINE: V6 Buick

TRANSMISSION: Auto

COLOUR: Burgundy

EXTERIOR CONDITION: Some good some bad, Inspection recommended

INTERIOR CONDITION: Everything But the drivers seat is in great condition.

WHEELS: 17" rims 1 badly gutter rashed

TYRE CONDITION: Need replacing

ODOMETER: 294000

SERVICE HISTORY: Every 7500kms, but have not got all receipts.

REGO OF CAR: WAZ350, VIC

REGO TILL: NO

PLATES INCLUDED: YES

RWC: NO, but runs well so a temporary rego can be attained and can be driven away without issue.

DELIVERY/PICK UP INFORMATION:

PAYMENT OPTIONS: Cash, direct transfer preferred.

CONTACT DETAILS: 0403460856

OTHER INFO: Please list as many details as possible

PICTURES: Gday,

This is my 94' VR Statesman. It is currently Unregistered and unroadworthy. I have owned this car for 5 years serviced every 7500km's having said that it is not without its issues. This Statesman would be suitable as a project for someone mechanical minded. It still runs great I had it converted to LPG in 2009 which has saved me literally thousands, it also has a kenwood headunit, lowered by previous owner, 2.5" exhaust(which needs to be replaced), clear front and side indicators. The exterior and interior has the usual expected wear from being a 20 year old car. Anyone inquiring I will give full transparency with questions on the car and have created a list of issues and took photos of the worst stuff so there are no surprises.

As I said it would be a project and you know what you are getting.

-Oil Leaks from engine, rocker covers, inlet manifold, rear sump, power steering rack, diff and Transmission.
-Rear Drive shaft inner boots split.
-Requires 2 front tyres with rears close behind. One rim has bad gutter rash from a smash curb crash rest are in MUCH better condition.
-AutoPan and speedo transducer leaking oil.
-requires Engine mounts and caster rod rubber bushes.
-Centre muffler Leaking and exhaust pushed onto floor fouling handbrake cable.
-rear discs undersized and requires handbrake shoes.

With some weekends on your hands and if you know what your doing this car would be perfect to you.
As I said car runs great and can be easily transported with a temporary registration permit, no towing required. Price negotiation is expected but zero time wasters please and inspection is a MUST.

Last edited:

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
BUMP and Price Drop. Still available.

Last edited:

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
Need this car gone. Needs work but still runs great 1650

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
Still forsale guys,

Dont let the list scare you, I just wanted to be up front and not mislead any potential buyers (and to ward off time wasters)

$1450 ONO. or Swap for a Wacom Cintiq (if you know what that is haha)

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
aww ####. I've been looking for a nice tidy cruiser that I can clean up and put back on the road... I was thinking of a little two door thing but now I see this and I'm feeling a disturbance in the force... What makes it worse? I live in Belgrave Heights.

Might need to organize a time to come take a look at this with you buddy... But first, would you mind shooting me a couple of photos via PM of the body damage? Electrical and Mechanical problems don't concern me but I'm ####ing hopeless with panel work.

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
Thanks for your call. Cya friday.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Look forward to picking her up mate!

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
Me too. Excited to see what you do with it :)

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
To be perfectly honest, won't be doing a great deal to it.

First step is get it back on the road and registered. Secondly, get all my creature comforts into it... Headunit, amps, Polk Audio Speakers and Sub. Bluetooth and Active phone cradle for my NoteII and at that point it's pretty much done. Third, I'm not super keen on it's stance, the 17s don't seem to fill up the wheel wells that much and look a little out of proportion but I'm not really sure what can be done about it without increasing wheel diameter and big shift in rolling diameter which I won't be keen on. I think perhaps if the front comes down another inch it might be gravy. Finally, get the body work sorted out. At least those few minor hail stones and I'll have a chat to hy_ryder about giving it a quick blow over with the gun on those panels (he doesn't know yet hehe) and call it a day I think.

Absolutely no plans for a 5litre and no plans for any engine mods. It's not a fast car, never will be a fast car and I don't want it to be a fast car... Just want to get around in some comfort.

After I spoke to you today, I called a buddy and it's scheduled to have the engine yoinked out in two weeks, replace the sump gasket, rear main seal and welsh plugs before dropping it back. Going to try and do it all in one day.

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
Wow that sounds great! I wouldn't lower it any more man though it sits real low throw some 18s or 19s on and see how it sits then. I was considering putting the vy rims on the vr and getting new ones but I couldn't afford it haha.

Its good your gonna pull the engine out and give it the works. I think thats just what it needs.