Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1995 vr duel fuel wont start. injectors or bcm?

hotvn

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vn + vr
i just got a 1995 vr commodore duel fuel the first thing i noticed was there is fuel in the oil and it wont start i got the key to finally go but the car wont start the immobiliser light turned off when i got the key to go but there is no power to the injectors the belt spins and everything else looks like and sounds like they are working but not the injectors the wires for the gas switch have been unpluged (not by me) i have turned the gas tank of and if someone can help by telling me how to wire them back up will be a good help and any info any one else can give me to work out what the problem is would be good to sorry i dont have all the info ask any questions u need to too help me out

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
if it's cranking then it's not VATS immobilizer, is there fuel in the rail? If the injectors arn't firing then LPG must be cutting the injectors.

hotvn

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vn + vr
its cranking over when i put fuel thru the thottle body it starts and runs to the fuel is gone the injectors have no nosie the lock button dont work no more on the key head for some reason

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
It will have spark off the DFI module any time the crank is turning.

If there's no power to the injectors... as per The1 ^^.

Is there an earth signal at the PCM for the injectors? If you back probe the injector earth terminals (2 of) at PCM with a test light to battery voltage you should see the light pulse when the engine cranks. There should also be voltage present at the earth terminals with the ignition 'on' (but not if there is no power to the injectors).

hotvn

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vn + vr
i found it what it is its the dual fuel switch does anyone have a dirgram for a duel fuel switch bcoz i got the the injectors to light up a light tester today by playing around with the duel fuel switch

hotvn

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vn + vr
here is the photo for the wires for the duel fuel if anyone can help with a digram
100_5143.jpg

hotvn

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vn + vr
ok got the car going guys now just have to work out the lpg and petrol switch here is a picture that the switch come with the car100_5149.jpg100_5154.jpg

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
heres a quick diagram for this switch not 100% percent sure if the lpg and petrol wires are correct to the switch postion , easy enough to switch the wires from terminal to terminal to correct switch position , your system may not be fitted with a primer then again it may .

Attachments

• basic gas switch wiring.jpg
    basic gas switch wiring.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 4,022

hotvn

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vn + vr
i will try it 2rommow thanks strgas
on the top switch there is lpg then middle one and petrol