Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VLcommy_8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL executive
Hey all, having trouble with my 95 vs auto’s transmission. I don’t have a wealth of knowledge by any stretch but I’ll give any thing a go, I’ve surprised myself with a few bits of work I’ve done on my car so the hope of DIY-ing it is what brings me here.
long story short if I’m cruising along like a normal person, great.. changes gears as smooth as butter but if I go to floor it through any of the gears, the noise i can hear is some where between a valve bouncing sound and some kind of fouling sound.. (as if you’re giving it throttle but the injectors are clogged or something).. if that makes sense. Feels like it’s revving out but doesn’t make all that much noise.
All this while it won’t go up a gear until I let off the gas and then it’ll change no problem. it was doing it in ECON. mode and I thought it must have been that preventing it so I turned that off and tried with PWR button pressed out but still no good. If any one has any suggestions at all it’s be most appreciated. I’m in adelaide so if anyone knows of any commodore gearbox gurus and would like to point me in there direction id also be happy to take up that advice!
Cheers greatly.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Firstly check your fluid level and color.
Then maybe a filter change and fresh oil if that wasn't looking the best.
It could be as simple as that.