Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1995 VS Calais - A2A Cooled L67

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute

HoldenManDan

Built, not bought...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec SII 4.2L L67 T56 :D
Hey Brendan, decided on w2a? Should be pretty awesome mate! Where did you get your blower and lim ported and if i may ask, what did it cost? Did you get the lim gasket from zzp?

Keep up the top work!

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm pretty sure I've decided on W2A. I'll see how it goes for awhile anyway. Might give me a bit of a barrier as to how far I can go/how much money I can waste lol.

Did the porting myself, so only cost the price of some angle grinder cutting blades.
It's nothing major, just blower and LIM port matched to the gasket. Was going to go a bit further and open up the intake, but didn't want to damage anything. Maybe next time.
Yeah, LIM gaskets are the alloy ones from MACE/ZZP etc, thought I may as well get them, considering it was all apart and I was getting stuff from ZZP anyway.

Took it for a wheel alignment last week, to try and sort out a vibration issue. The camber on the back wheels was ridiculous. Turned out it had adjustable bushes , but only on the drivers side. Got a new 4 point kit put in, sitting great now, and also sorted out 99% of the vibrations.

Going to change the steering rack over for a non-Variable Ratio one. Variable one is too big, and the clutch cable is melting on the extractors, because it's pretty much jammed in there.

Hopefully get the VT brakes and master cylinder on this week, along with the power steering rack, and aim for getting the engineers report ticked off next week, then get it rego'ed the week after. Personalised plates or not?

So that's where it's at at the moment.

Cheers,
Brendan

Last edited:

HoldenManDan

Built, not bought...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec SII 4.2L L67 T56 :D
Sounds good Brendan! Happen to have any pics of your porting work? I'd be keen to have a crack!

How low have you got the arse end of the car sitting? Has the 4 point kit gotten you back to almost 0 camber?

That sounds weird about the variable rack and the clutch cable! Maybe because there probably wasn
t anything out of the factory with variable and a T5? If you need a non variable pump ive got one.

When you do the brakes, if you can manage it get the spacer from racebrakes that goes between the master and booster, unless you're using the vt booster too that is!

Im really interested to see what you acgtually need the engineers cert for, as the L67 was a factory option for the vs.

And yes to personalised plates!

Look forward to more updates!

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
Sounds good Brendan! Happen to have any pics of your porting work? I'd be keen to have a crack!

How low have you got the arse end of the car sitting? Has the 4 point kit gotten you back to almost 0 camber?

That sounds weird about the variable rack and the clutch cable! Maybe because there probably wasn
t anything out of the factory with variable and a T5? If you need a non variable pump ive got one.

When you do the brakes, if you can manage it get the spacer from racebrakes that goes between the master and booster, unless you're using the vt booster too that is!

Im really interested to see what you acgtually need the engineers cert for, as the L67 was a factory option for the vs.

And yes to personalised plates!

Look forward to more updates!

Got pics of the LIM only (i think, i'll keep looking).

It's not overly low at all atm, I'd say they would be lows at a guess. It's sitting pretty dead straight, hopefully it doesn't change too much when I go a bit lower.

Well the variotronic steering only came out on the top model cars, so no manual option. It's no big problem, don't know how well it works because I've never had the right pump on it. It's only a matter of changing the rack, high and low lines, and the intermediate shaft between steering wheel and rack.

I plan on using the adaptor, just gotta get my cousin to pick it and the shims for the hubs up sometime this week, he's in Wetherill Park every other day.

Well - the L67 was only an option in the Series II VS, more specifically, from Oct 1996 onwards. Anything before this technically needs an engineer's cert. Not to worry though, the brakes will be engineered as well.

I'm leaning towards perso. plates, something like [VSL•67C]. Something that is standard number/letter sequence. not sure on colour yet either. haha so many choices.

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
Got the VT brakes fitted over the weekend. Got the master cylinder adapter and rotor shims from Race Brakes Sydney. Stops alot better now!

Have removed both rear quarter windows and resealed them, both were leaking quite badly. Don't think there is any chance of them ever coming out again though lol.

Also got all my audio gear fitted. Good to have the speakers running through an amp again, and have some proper bass.

Anyway, just a few pics of the brakes, master cylinder, engine bay, closeup of the rocker covers (love them), and how the interior is (really need to get some class back).

flawnt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
very nice mate

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
well it's finally rego'ed. complete with ugly yellow plates and all.

cost the best part of $2200 all up with greenslip, blue slip, and engineers report.

ended up been 6 kilos heavier over the weighbridge than the 'large' weight bracket, which put it into the 'extra large' weight bracket, which cost me an extra $134 in taxes. lol if only I'd known.