Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1995 VS Calais - A2A Cooled L67

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute
man, its so extra large. RTA made me put wide load, and road train signs on it.

LSD is half way done, been that I own one. But it is still in my old car, and that means I've got to take it out of there first.
Either that or just buy a reco'ed one with 3.45 gears, and then sell the one I've got later.

Who knows...

P.S. its quite cold of a morning with no heater, must fix.

Haydz

Fasten your seatbelts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE LS1 T56
ahh thats good to know then. i remember when i had a single spinner. so sad :( lol

any other plans that will be happening soon? you got eveything swapped over pretty quick. and yes cold mornings. i get up at 5 im glad my crx is warm in 5 minutes.

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
Couple things that need doing sooner rather than later include TTT Performance engine mount to stop exhaust hitting chassis, and get the annoying rotational knock/noise located and repaired. It makes it so annoying to drive.

Next performance thing will most prob be a half decent twin 2.5" exhaust system, so it's ready for intercooling.

Dam really couldnt of taken a extra 6kg off it somewhere while it was getting weighed :p

if only I'd known the weight ranges. had half a tank of fuel, theres 20kgs.

now to get it changed, I need to get it reweighed, and another blueslip. the money has already been paid, so I'll sort it out next year.

HoldenManDan

Built, not bought...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec SII 4.2L L67 T56 :D
Brendan, what did the Calais weigh in at, out of interest?

Mmm future plans sound fun! Exhaust will make a good difference!

Oh what stuffing around did you have to do to get the t5 flywheel balanced to suit the super6?

Keep up the good work

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
It weighed in at 1510kgs - 1504kgs is the cut off for 'large' vehicles.

V6 Conversions do an adapter flywheel for VN II -> VY. It is pretty much a neutral balanced flywheel that bolts onto the auto flexplate. That way you've still got the ring gear on the flexplate, the balance of the flexplate, but the fly-ness of the flywheel. So no need for any balancing etc. But you still need to use a manual starter motor. Been using it for around 16 months now with no drama's at all.

Last edited:

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
Installed a TTT Performance engine mount tonight.

Very well made, and a great design.

The car is so much better to drive now. The exhaust no longer hits up underneath the chassis under acceleration, and no more engine twisting, which means less power losses.

As far as vibrations and roughness are concerned, only at idle (albeit very minimal), but the engine does have a small miss sometimes anyway.

All in all, very happy with it.

Last edited:

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
Just a quick update.

Haven't really done all that much lately. Fitted up my long range 80l tank and just recently modified the Calais centre console to suit the manual.

It's only rough at the moment, using the original boot, just pushed in further. Going to go to the auto trimmers and see what they can do for me.

Also hopefully will have the exhaust done by end of next week. Pretty sure I've decided on twin 2.5" into single 3" out the back. Hoping to get good flow, but not be too loud.
Once the exhaust is done, I'll be able to fit the springs and shocks I bought, as it hangs to low as it is.

Will post up some pics once it's all done.

Parraeels101

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina
She's looking good mate. Got any pics of how the tank looks fitted?