Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1995 VS Calais - A2A Cooled L67

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute
Very nice ride mate! you have given me some ideas :D

cheers mate.

Haven't done anything in particular lately.

Got the car polished and waxed during the week. Came up a treat, really happy with it. No swirl marks, or little scratches anymore.

Fitted Supercharged V6 badges instead of the standard Ecotec badges.

Yesterday a group of us (mainly Commodores), hit up a local skidpan for the morning. Unreal fun. I recommend it to anybody who likes to have fun.
Was a good chance to give the Truetrac a workout, and I am still very impressed with it's operation.

Some filthy pics of the car yesterday once I got home, and a video of my mate taking my car for a run around the course. Doubles as an exhaust/blower sound video for those interested. First time I've really heard my car from outside the cabin - my smile was massive!

[YOUTUBE]JO7obNj6l5M[/YOUTUBE]
apologies for the 200sx tractor...

Last edited:

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Hey mate, good to see you got the Supercharged V6 badges. Sorry I haven't commented anything in your thread before, I just had a read through it and had a look at the pics and its a really nice car. I see what you mean with your exhaust how it has plugs where oxygen sensors might go, and no mine doesn't have them, I had a look underneath. Maybe they are a different brand maybe.

Anyway, keep up the good work mate :)

Cheers,
Ben

LS1 James

Donates His Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II GEN3 V8 Wagz
My Car has been debadged and i thought about getting those same badges. Yours look sweet. I'm interested to know if anyone knows what model the slimmer badges that just say Supercharged are on? Similar to the Gen III V8 badge look, If you know what i mean?

Your car sounds mad with the blower, I've forgotten, What mods have you done to make it sound like that?

I cant hear mine in the cabin. (your mate needs to practice skids more lol)

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
My Car has been debadged and i thought about getting those same badges. Yours look sweet. I'm interested to know if anyone knows what model the slimmer badges that just say Supercharged are on? Similar to the Gen III V8 badge look, If you know what i mean?

Your car sounds mad with the blower, I've forgotten, What mods have you done to make it sound like that?

Hey mate, those "supercharged" badges came out on the VY Commodores. VS, VT, VX all say "Supercharged V6".

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride

Yeah the badges that just say Supercharged are off a VY, I'll check tomorrow if I've still got the part number at work. Got one on my bonnet protector (pic in the top post of this page).

Whine is loud mainly due to the enclosed pod filter (similar to the MACE CAI), and 10psi pulley.

You'd be amazed how slippery it is out there - he has just got back from 12 months in Darwin, spending most of his time drifting at Hidden Valley, so he's not new to it lol.
I'll slowly upload more of the 800meg of video I shot, internet here is to slow to do the whole thing at once.

LS1 James

Donates His Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II GEN3 V8 Wagz
Whine is loud mainly due to the enclosed pod filter (similar to the MACE CAI), and 10psi pulley.

Awesome. Guess i'll have to look into that Asap!! I have the 10psi pulley but you cant hear it, Again i love the sound of yours :D

Nice ride man

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
A few updates for little things I've done lately.

Got a set of personalised plates, picked them up last Thursday. Silver on black slimline.

Fitted a 360° tailshaft loop for Summernats. It's a universal one off eBay, and it's mounted to the factory mounting points for the chassis stifferner.

Fitted heat sheilds for the cats. When the exhaust was done, he sat them a fair way from the body because there was no heat sheilds, saying it was possible for the interior carpet to get hot enough to catch fire. I've now finally got the chance to make up some sheilds from aluminium. They are just screwed to the body at the moment, but I plan to rivnut/nutsert and bolt them once I get back to work. Now just gotta take it back and get them to lift them.

Last edited:

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
seen this car at summernats and thought i had seen it before then the lad said wamboin and it hit me haha, looked clean as, i only seen it in that time trials thing or whatever it was, howed you go?

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers mate.
Didn't go too bad for the first run, but thats all I got in. There wasn't much time left, but I later found out they were prioritising people who had only had one run. oh well. Ran an 11.73.

[YOUTUBE]CFFoouCaRKk[/YOUTUBE]

Put the Calais on the dyno while at Summernats, made a healthy 161.2 rwkw at 162km/h and 297.3Nm at 116km/h.
Under load, high up in the revs, there was a burning rubber type smell. Thinking the blower belt is slipping, so might do something about that sooner or later.

Picked up a Powerbond SFI Race harmonic balancer at the Yella Terra sale. This will go on when it comes time to intercool (hopefully - might not work with bonnet clearance etc).

Started to piece together parts for the intercooler. Should have the carbon fibre adaptor plate in the next fortnight, then I'll slowly keep buying bits and pieces. No real deadline so to speak, but sooner rather than later would be great.

Fitted a Walbro GSS342 255lph intank pump earlier in the month. The pump that was in there was starting to get noisy, and was only a matter of time till it let me down. The pumps fit in like a charm.
Since fitting it, I no longer have a problem taking it past 5000rpm. It used to just about stop once it got there - guess it wasn't getting the fuel it needed!

The exhaust has been lifted up higher now that the heat shields are there and getting new inner CV joints on the driveshafts tomorrow.