Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1995 vs ss commodore wont start

Greg Thirkettle

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 Holden SS Sedan 5spd 5.0L V8
Cars been sitting for a year, cranks but wont start and was working when it was parked, changed fuel pump and filter now it gets fuel.. dosent get spark so changed spark plugs and gapped them correctly but still no spark. distributor cap reads 0.07-0.05 at 200ohms what could be the issue and what should i do

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
swap out coil then try to borrow ignition module from a car that you know works.

make sure battery is fully charged,no blown fuses or fault codes

StrokedLyfe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS S2
few years ago i went through 4 ignition modules (reconditioned from shop) , took the car to few auto electric places and didn't really get any solid answer's as to why they were failing. I'd almost given up and was thinking heavily on selling the car (ignition modules are not cheap) but my old man came across some information about ignition modules and people not having them properly earthed to the chassis. Anyway i hooked up few more earths in the car and i haven't had a problem since.. not saying this is your problem but i thought i'd share...

chingazzin1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR EXEC 5.0 215kw MANUAL
Sounds like maybe an immobiliser/key problem. Just check that tiny metal part coming out from your key makes contact with the ring around the ignition and the flashing light on your dash turns off.