Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1995 Vs Statesman central locking problem

Tyrone Connell

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 Vs Statesman
hi, on my vs statesman the central locking is currently only working when the key is turned in the drivers door, i press the unlock button and the lights sometimes flash and i can hear a solenoid tick but that's it no doors unlock. When i press lock on the key it sometimes works but only for the two rear doors and the passengers not the drivers. If anyone can help that would be great, i'm assuming that changing the drivers door actuator will fix but would like to hear your guys opinion.

Cheers

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
Try lubing the button slides in the door trims with wd40 or similar, they may be sticking.

J1MDAWG

Reaction score
Members Ride
Many round badges
If buttons are only working some times I'd try a new remote ?? Actuators could also me sticky.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Have a similar problem with my wife's VS Clubsport. Sometimes works OK, other times nothing and the alarm goes off. Press unlock again and the other three door locks open. Open the back door, give the door knob a few up and downs, shut back door, lock and unlock and everything works OK. Replacing the actuator didn't make any difference. Doesn't seem to be any pattern between working and not working. It does feel like there is some resistance when you pull the knob up and down initially after it fails. Took the door card off and made sure that nothing could impede to unlock process, seemed to work for a while then back to square one. Have now relocated the driver's door knob to the passenger side and monitoring the result but too early to tell if it's solved the problem or if the problem has transferred to the passenger door. Copious amounts of WD40 hasn't fixed the problem.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
The red tab in the lock button can sometimes protrude and cause issues. Try pushing it in.

Also, CRC/ WD40 on the rod mechanism inside the door can help reduce any resistance. Where the vertical rod attached to the button and the horizontal rod attached to the actuator meet, if that makes sense.