Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] 1996 Holden VS Statesman Caprice Series II

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
ITEM: 1996 Holden VS Statesman Caprice Series 1

PRICE: $3200 That's the Price, no offers accepted.

YEAR: 1996

SERIES: VS Series II

BADGE: Caprice

ENGINE: L67 Supercharged V6

TRANSMISSION: Auto 4L60-E

COLOUR: Pantha Mica (Black with a Green shine through it)

EXTERIOR CONDITION: Paints a bit iffy in places with a few scratch marks, few small dings and it needs some attention, a polish and buff would bring most of it back up asides from the sections that need fixing.

INTERIOR CONDITION: Interior is good, full grey leather seats, all the caprice goodies and a sunroof.

WHEELS: 15" Alloys

TYRE CONDITION: Might be roadworthy, has camber wear (i took the rims off the car for another car)

ODOMETER: 198,952

SERVICE HISTORY: Can't remember, the books in the glovebox, never checked it, i've just recently done a full service on it again.

REGO OF CAR: 1BF-7TS

REGO TILL: June 2014

PLATES INCLUDED: Yes

RWC: No, don't have the time or the effort to bother.

DELIVERY/PICK UP INFORMATION:

PAYMENT OPTIONS: Cash Only

CONTACT DETAILS: Post here or PM ME

OTHER INFO:

This car is on the P-plate exemption list (with vicroads approval permit)

Car is a factory Pantha Mica Caprice with a L67 Supercharged V6, under 200,000km (just) with full leather interior, the Black/Dark Gray dash with Both front airbags.

I brought the car in June 2012 with 192,xxxkm on it for the Wife to replace her Clubsport, so car hasn't even done 7,000km since then.

Since i brought it in the last 18 months i have replaced the Alternator, Coil Packs, DFI Module & a new battery.

I had a brand new exhaust made for it less then 2 months ago as the muffler failed on the original one.

Changed all the pulleys as well since 1 of them was squeaking and couldn't tell which it was and both belts changed as well.

Cars recently had a full service including spark plugs, leads, oil and filters.

Car is stock minus the rims & the front speakers and head-unit, i have the factory head-unit still and the stacker is in the boot still with cassette, it even has the pump for the factory air auto leveling suspension and the pump still works (Car has normal shocks installed in it and not airshocks now)

Even the dash clock still works.

I have the original stand up bonnet emblem, i just took it off the car when i brought it because i knew some #### would've snapped it off on me.

Car has boost gauge under the drivers dash for monitoring the charger in case of issue or vacuum leak.

Supercharger still has the bypass connected and working so charger doesn't kick in till 2500rpm or so.

Car has some issues that need looking at for roadworthy that i am aware of.

Reverse lights don't work (i have the control unit for under the shifter i just haven't gotten around to installing it)
Tyre's probably.
Steering Wheel needs re-gluing again (The leather wrap around the steering wheel went hard and cracked) (I got a Standard VX steering wheel with Airbag you can have with the car, think it works on a VS)
And re-clip part of the roof lining up (not sagging enough to be a roadworthy issue i believe but depends on your tester)

I have brought a new car for the wife and its all good to go so this one now needs to be sold so make me an offer.

Need monies to fund Cam and stuff in my SS :)

Pictures:

IMG_2002.JPG

IMG_2003.JPG

IMG_2004.JPG

IMG_2001.JPG

IMG_2005.JPG

IMG_2006.JPG

IMG_2007.JPG

IMG_2009.JPG

IMG_2010.JPG

IMG_2011.JPG

IMG_2015.JPG

And one photo from when i got it to show you what it looks like with a good polish.

1-1.jpg

Going to be putting this up elsewhere since i want it gone, so if you want to come have a look better hurry up.

Last edited:

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
Last bump, if its not sold by the end of next weekend it gets stripped, don't bother asking for parts off it, you will be ignored.