Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1996 VS Calais 5.0L Daily + Project

flux

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VZ R8 Maloo LS2 6.0L
The calais has had a fair bit of pampering lately.

I replaced the worn Monroe shocks with brand new KYB Excel-G 50mm lowered shocks with new gen SSL front springs and new gen SSSL rear springs. It rides like a dream now. I recommend KYB over Monroe any day.
Replaced strut mount bushes and bearings.
New Tyres.
Got a pair of brand new Pacemaker headers and Redback twin 3" stainless dump tips..yet to be fitted.
Finally got rid of the noisy sloppy single pegga and I fitted a fully reconditioned 3.45 ratio LSD. Man, it is soo much better to drive now! Fell in love with this car all over again :D

caramel_hunie

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Calais V6 SII
Hey I have a white over grey 97 calais. Im trying to get my Wheels are clean as yours how the hell did u manage to get it a chrome shine? Im reading and watching videos but have no idea where the #### to start.

Help from another vs calais owner would help me out heaps. Im from Vic to. I have sooo many questions. Hope you can help :)

flux

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VZ R8 Maloo LS2 6.0L
Hey I have a white over grey 97 calais. Im trying to get my Wheels are clean as yours how the hell did u manage to get it a chrome shine? Im reading and watching videos but have no idea where the #### to start.

Help from another vs calais owner would help me out heaps. Im from Vic to. I have sooo many questions. Hope you can help :)

Hey, they aren't chrome shine, the one you can see best in pic on the front right was the spare that wasn't ever used so it's essentially brand new. as for the others, just use armorall wheel cleaner and once dry coat them in extreme tyre shine while doing the tires and wipe dry. Leaves them with a glazed long lasting shine. Plus the only thing to really get all the crap off the tyres is to blast them with a pressure washer.

I should mention I sold this calais and bought a black vz maloo r8! :)

Might start a thread one day.