Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1996 VS Clubsport wont start........ HELP PLEASE ...

suzieq

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 vs clubsport
hey guys, have a 1996 v8 Clubsport... was driving down the road and all of a sudden it spluttered, back fired and stalled........ wouldnt start for about an hour...... finally it kicked over again but when i went to drive it it stalled again. had to have it towed home..... now its sitting in the driveway and turns over.. but wont fire. changed the fuel pump but its still not starting....... any idea what this issue could be?? cheers.

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Im guessing hall effect sensor..

suzieq

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 vs clubsport
hey guys, have a 1996 v8 Clubsport... was driving down the road and all of a sudden it spluttered, back fired and stalled........ wouldnt start for about an hour...... finally it kicked over again but when i went to drive it it stalled again. had to have it towed home..... now its sitting in the driveway and turns over.. but wont fire. changed the fuel pump but its still not starting....... any idea what this issue could be?? cheers.

thanks guys!!! your input is very much appreciated!!! :) will check these things out and see how i go.... thanks so much again!! cheers, Suzi xx