Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1997 vs manual cranking but wont run

Grimes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Series II Ute
Pull the spark plugs, have a look and leave them out for the night. It might be flooded if it smells of fuel which won’t help. I’m leaning towards your BCM reset though. Too coincidental.

Dale1vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs commodore
Pull the spark plugs, have a look and leave them out for the night. It might be flooded if it smells of fuel which won’t help. I’m leaning towards your BCM reset though. Too coincidental.
I thought just incase after your reply I have left it on for the 2 hours. Has about 15 mins left. When I bought it last week I was told it was running until the keyhead went flat and bought it did not crank or start whatsoever ever at this stage.I had a bcm and keyhead to go straight in it. Soon as I swapped it over it cranked, doors lock and unlock, imobilizer lights work correctly turning on and off with keyhead. I guess we will see, I will pull the plugs out if it does not start tonight and draining+ replacing fuel filter tomorrow incase it's blocked or bad fuel. I will put plugs back in then and go again.. thank you for the advice

Reactions: Lex

Grimes

Reaction score
Members Ride
Make sure the gaps are 1.5mm while they’re out too. Something else to rule out.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4

Attachments

• VS Series II and 1996 1-2 Update Features.pdf
    716.7 KB · Views: 105

Dale1vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs commodore
I did the override for over 2 hours just to be sure. We pulled a couple of the plugs to see if the had spark against the alternator which they do. They were pretty wet with fuel and one had oil over it. While cranking my brother put his finger over the plug hole to make sure there's compression and his hand was soaked with fuel, it's likeits flooding itself, so tomorrow I will pull out the plugs check gaps and condition+ then give it a crank to get rid of any fuel and let it sit for a bit. I noticed it has black injectors on it, do you think maybe they have put too big of injectors in it?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The VS has a common problem with failed FPRs. If you have strong fuel smell I'd be looking at the FPR. They are not available new, anywhere so SH is the only option.

Reactions: Lex

Dale1vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs commodore
The VS has a common problem with failed FPRs. If you have strong fuel smell I'd be looking at the FPR. They are not available new, anywhere so SH is the only option.
I switched that over a couple of days ago, you can hear it engaging/disengaging when you turn the car on and off. Changed the TPS, AIC Also with no luck. Going to do fuel filter and tank drainage tomorrow incase something is wrong with the fuel side of things.

Grimes

Reaction score
Members Ride
You can still get new Bosch FPR’s for VS, both steel and billet rail fittings. Remove the vacuum line to the fuel regulator and clear it first. I doubt they’ve got the wrong injectors else it wouldn’t have run well at any time.

Squirt a few drops of oil into each plug port before you crank it again. You’ve had some fuel washing going on.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
You can still get new Bosch FPR’s for VS,
Bahahaha, good luck...... I was waiting for someone who obviously hasn't tried buy one to say they can still be bought.

Grimes

Reaction score
Members Ride
…and make sure the fuel lines are connected to the bulkhead the right way around, otherwise the rail will be over pressurised.