Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1999 TF Holden Rodeo 2wd

sfrench85

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Rodeo 1999 TF
I have been experiencing an electrical problem with my 99 Holden Rodeo ute.

When the vehicle is turned on and you take off the headlights, radio and blower fan dim/turn off.

A friend suggested that it may be the alternator regulator, therefore I have replaced the whole unit(inc. reg). I though that this may be the fault of the battery so I swapped it with the new battery out of my Hilux. Unfortunately the problem still occurs.

On idle if the blower is on full and you turn the lights on the fan/blower will slow down, the needles on the dash also act erratically from time to time.

The radio will turn off and the lights dim if you place it into a gear/take off.

I have been through the majority of wiring- front to back(under body, behind dash) and cannot see any breaks or shorts.

Not sure if anyone can provide any advise on this other than taking it to an auto elec.

Cheers,

Steve.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Hi Steve. Might pay to do a voltage test on the Ute
Check your voltage at idle, running speed and also when when off. Try these tests also with big load on the system and without. headlights, fan and anything else you can find. I want to think you have a poor earth but unsure.

If possible, also check the voltage inside the cabin... Say CIG plug or radio or even simply under the dash at the blower motor.