- Feb 20, 2019
- Reaction score
- Members Ride
- VS SIII 5.0
1999 VS SIII 5.0 Ute in Herron White
My mate bought this back in 2010 lowered with an exhaust and 19”s in mint condition.
He drove it on and off for a few years but it was mostly his second car so didn’t rack up too many ks. He did not however do much maintenance at all. For the last couple of years it sat outside neglected under a tree.
I was in the state for work in 2018 so got it going and drove it around for a few weeks. It was in below average condition and needed some real attention. Bottom line is I fell in love with it.
I was never a Holden man but I enjoyed fixing it up and flogging it around so bought it off him and left it at my parents in Vic.
In between trips down south it took me 6 months of googling and replacing parts left right and center to fix a ridiculous amount of engine problems. I essentially replaced everything fuel, spark and cooling related.
Ended up getting it shipped up North mid 2019. Since then I’ve done over 10 years worth of neglected maintenance and lots of my own mods. It's been a good learning curve and enjoying/frustrating process that never seems to end.
It currently stands as follows.
- VT 304 roller cam engine
- Crow Cams 4903 camshaft
- Yella Terra roller rockers 1.65 (YT 6309)
- Crow valve springs (4845-16)
- Crow push rods (PR-988-16)
- Morel link bar lifters (5337)
- Rollmaster double row timing chain
- Top Gun leads
- Mace CAI
- Mace Memcal
- 5 Speed Getrag Manual with Mace short shifter
- BW78 Live Axel LSD 3.08
- Pacemakers PH5000D 1 5/8” primaries and 1 7/8” secondary’s
- Twin 2.5" with 200 cell cats, H pipe, and Flowmaster 40 series Delta flow mufflers mounted at the rear
- Herron White
- VT GTS 18" champagne wheels
- 235/40/18 Bridgestone Potenza RE003
- Debadged except V8 side badges
- Bumper strips removed
- Kings/Pedders SL Front L Rear springs
- Shortened Sachs Shocks
- Pedders strut brace and rear panhard rod
- Nolothane bushes all round
- Front VT brake upgrade with braided lines
- DBA T3 Slotted rotors
- Bendex (front) and Forza (rear) pads
- VR statesman seats and door trims.
- Electric windows.