Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1999 VS SIII S 5.0 Ute

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Probably could do it on smartphone...tablet be better as it's bigger so you can see all different things on it at once.

It's like have a digital dash without needing 10 different gauges & get to watch it live also helps work out issues as it runs.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
You spend that $700 you have EVERYTHING for a complete tuning solution, with most of it being the wideband which is great to run regardless of whether you’re tuning or not imo.

$700 may get you to half a haltech but that still doesn’t include wideband and dyno tuning etc.

Comcal76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP v6
I have a haltech sport GM with the auxiliary harness for sale retail price $1750 I'm asking $1200.

whiskeytango

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII 5.0
Probably could do it on smartphone...tablet be better as it's bigger so you can see all different things on it at once.

It's like have a digital dash without needing 10 different gauges & get to watch it live also helps work out issues as it runs.
Yeah I had a look at some snaps it looks cool.

You spend that $700 you have EVERYTHING for a complete tuning solution, with most of it being the wideband which is great to run regardless of whether you’re tuning or not imo.

$700 may get you to half a haltech but that still doesn’t include wideband and dyno tuning etc.
I get that. But me buying all that doesn't give me access to a dyno or knowledge on how to tune. If I don't really know what I'm doing isn't there a possibility I could cook stuff? Don't get me wrong, I love tinkering with stuff and learning things but engines are a tad too expensive for me to end up destroying because I put too much of something and not enough of another in it.

If I were to get a Haltech, people with a real knowledge and access to a dyno would be able to tune my car correctly. Currently no one can around here can. I'm really thinking long term if I decide to stroke or boost it in the future.

Don't get me wrong I'm not ruling it out or fobbing you off I'm trying to future proof it. All the input the better.

No decision will be made unless this doesn't work out. Just spoke with Mace and they are onto it for now though.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Should do the raspberry Pi3 tablet & ALDLdroid.

Very cool item.

Once worked it all out do one for yourself & another for this ol' bloke ;)

I've been fiddling with ALDLDroid for a while now however I've never been able to get it working.

I've got one of these cables which I don't think is supported.
s-l1600.jpg

Would be great to get it working as it would be way nicer to have my 7" tablet running for live data than a 15" laptop, but at the same time not sure if it's worth spending another $120 on a better more supported cable.

whiskeytango

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII 5.0
What is it that wont work? Is it not simple plug and play?

I literally rook my 12 month old tablet to cash converts last week cause I never used it lol. Good timing.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Aparently have to pick right program for particular type of tablet being used.

Was watching yt clip from the pf forum how to do it with rasberry pi3 to aftermarket ecu in his miata...apparently very easy to make mistakes loading it up.

Way over my head plus very little patience for that kind of thing.

I only got the idea from a thread in pcmhacking forum where few of those peeps used it.

whiskeytango

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII 5.0
I got a new memcal from Mace today but it still doesn't work. Does the exact same thing as the other one, just turns over, fires for a split second and keeps turning over.
The engine light also doesn't come up in key position 2 and diagnostic mode doesn't work still. It's like its locked out or something.
I'm kind of leaning towards an immobilizer issue with the new memcal but I dunno how it all works so I'm a bit lost. I realized messing around earlier that even with the stock memcal in I don't get an immobilizer light coming up at all. I dunno if the globes dead or what but I can't tell what's going on.
I am aware the starter doesn't crank at all with immobilizer issues but I dunno. It's like injectors are disabled or something. It's pissing me off.
Might be making the jump into buying the PCM gear soon.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Yet it runs fine on original memcal?

I've done some cars with vats off for memcal...think bcm still read signal to turn on f/pump etc so still had security afaik

whiskeytango

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII 5.0
Yet it runs fine on original memcal?

I've done some cars with vats off for memcal...think bcm still read signal to turn on f/pump etc so still had security afaik
So potentially Mace has turned off VATS and it's playing funny buggers? I was thinking that was possible... I'll shoot them another email and ask if they've disabled it.