Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1999 VS SIII S 5.0 Ute

whiskeytango

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII 5.0
Thanks for all the advice above although I haven't touched it as I thought I'd wait to get a Trutrac equivalent center so I can do it once and do it right.

I was going to get one last week but got overly excited during the end of financial year sales and dropped 3k on a laptop to replace mine so I'm putting it on the backburner for now.

My new house should also be finished in 6 weeks so I can see myself spending a heap on that as I'm landscaping the backyard myself and buying some furniture. Also have a kid not far out so being buying thousands of $$$ worth of baby crap. Also buying the Mrs a new car. Also paying for a Wedding in a few months and being away with work heaps this year so life is busy and ima be broke asf soon.

I did have what I thought was a lifter knock happening recently and was getting sad about that. So I pulled the covers off yesterday and adjusted the lash to rule it out. Totally fixed the tap thank god. I serviced it while I was there now I'm about to take it for a drive. As long as it doesn't die in the next 6 months I'll be happy.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I reckon your house and my new house will be ready about the same time. Landscaping yeah that is a massive job. I did it for a few year a while back, as a second job. I have to landscape about 600m of open space. Going to enlist the help of a contactor or three to get it done. We need a posi track to level out all the bumps, so there goes $2000 as we will need him for two days I suspect. We also need to bring in around five, 10 yarders of loam, as I need to cover all the gravel brought to the surface. Then I need 400m of roll out turf, as I think seed will end up seeing the stones push through when it rains, if there is only 50-60mm of loam between it and the surface.

whiskeytango

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII 5.0
I reckon your house and my new house will be ready about the same time. Landscaping yeah that is a massive job. I did it for a few year a while back, as a second job. I have to landscape about 600m of open space. Going to enlist the help of a contactor or three to get it done. We need a posi track to level out all the bumps, so there goes $2000 as we will need him for two days I suspect. We also need to bring in around five, 10 yarders of loam, as I need to cover all the gravel brought to the surface. Then I need 400m of roll out turf, as I think seed will end up seeing the stones push through when it rains, if there is only 50-60mm of loam between it and the surface.
Nice that's good news!
I have about 350m of backyard space I need to deal with so I can't complain that much. I'm going to rely on youtube to teach me all about it lol. It'll be coming into the wet season around then so I really need to turf or seed it at least quickly otherwise it's going to be a mudpit if I leave it.

whiskeytango

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII 5.0
Went for a drive and took some snaps this arvo.

0Q3A7275.jpg

0Q3A7286.jpg
0Q3A7271.jpg

Last edited:

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I’ve seen in-car dealer photos of new/near new cars where you can see dirt & dust…

Your’s photos are great and that’s one clean car :cool:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Very clean and tidy. I like!