Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1999 VS SIII S 5.0 Ute

whiskeytango

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII 5.0
Sorry I read you wrong. I dunno what's going on. Maybe its time to buy that tuning **** and do some reading dammit. More money time.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Thinking if memcal tune not corrupted the vats issue if original memcal worksfine.

Hence why adding different memcal make sure vats is turned off so can't get that fault code in case that prevents it from running.

whiskeytango

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII 5.0
Or they’ve supplied a vt memcal
I just express posted my stock memcal to the tuner. When he gets it he's going to compare the 2 seen as mine definitely works, then he'll load the changes onto that one. Hopefully this time next week I have it back and we'll see what happens.

whiskeytango

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII 5.0
19 days later and still no tune :(
Mate. Don't even get me started...

The tuner has had some family issues so I've been staying calm. I called them early last week and they said he should be in to get it done but have heard nothing since. I did get a little shitty earlier today and sent an email with a little more seriocity to it this time (If that's even a word).

I'm kind of happy in a way cause I've just not touched it and saving myself a few bucks. Buttt I spent near 5k doing it and haven't got a cents worth of use out of it so.... Yeah...

I'll give it till the end of this week before I fully give up and spend money elsewhere.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah hate to say it but Mace have dropped the ball somewhat over the last 12 months. I've asked questions and never got an answer. Yet 18 months ago they were all over it. Not sure what's happening but certainly not the same level of service I was used too.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
i would have moved alone a while ago.

whiskeytango

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII 5.0
I went for a 20 min cruise last night and It drove like a bag of ****. However I did get a nice sunset shot out of it.

Wont be driving it for a few weeks so I'll keep waiting on Mace. Can't be bothered spending more money to get it done faster when I wont be using it anyway. Hopefully they sort it out.

0Q3A6721.jpg

whiskeytango

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII 5.0
I just bit the bullet and ordered a brand new shifter surround from rare spares. Hopefully it looks as good as pictured for the price (Still cheaper than what people are asking for shitty second handers).
Also ordered a genuine gear knob.
Just need a good condition VS steering wheel and I'll be done with the interior. Anyone have one for sale?