Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1999VT with water in cabin

z900collector

Reaction score
Members Ride
99VT 99VSUTE
My VT appears to have water pooling on the drivers side and in the footwell for the rear drivers side passenger... has occurred a couple of times after heavy rain. The doors appear sealed but I'm puzzled as to how it gets in... could it be overflowing from a blocked vent/drain under the wiper motor (in that area).. or is it via the door windows and blocked door drains?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Gw33dz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim Wagon S2,
I had a a little bit of water getting into that area on a 99 VT. The seal had been ripped on the upper rear end of that door. A assumed it ripped from geniuses man-handling the seal when closing the door. Check that outer rear seal. I was able to repair mine with a bit of black silicone which actually worked.

The only other thing i can think of is the boot garnish, notorious for leaking. If you park on an angle to the right with the nose down, then water leaking through the garnish could possibly make it's way down there, but it is semi unlikely now that i think of it. There's threads on fixing the garnish if it's that. Have you checked your spare tyre well? If it's the garnish then there's sure to water in there too.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
It be either front windshield not sealing, top of the door rubber split or water filling up inside your door and running between the door card and onto the floor.

z900collector

Reaction score
Members Ride
99VT 99VSUTE
Sounds like I need to check the doors first, drain holes might be blocked!

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Sound like the windscreen seal,
remove the external rubber seal around the windscreen,
then get a wire tie, and try to slide it under the glass and sealant around different area of the screen ,
if its not sealed correctly, it will slip between the screen and seal.
I had a 1999 VT Berlina [great Car also] they [the car yard] replaced the screen to sell it,
And we had a very similar problem,
I used the wire tie method, and found where the sealant was NOT sealed correctly,
Purchased a tube of windscreen sealant, sealed the area in question,
lifted the carpet and dried it out, and the rest is history,
Sold the car 3 years later, and never leaked within that time.

Also, do you have a sunroof ?
If you do, the drain pipes are known to get blocked, use compressed air to clean them out.