Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1j 2jz toyota or v6/v8 commodore

GenFree

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX L67 S
Aristo Superskids at Gazzanats 2009 - YouTube

Toyota Aristo Burnout at Gazza Nationals 2009 - YouTube

Stock motors,I have met the fella and seen his cars at many shows around SA/Aust.Runs single turbo at around 25psi.Notice the Jap plates.He also campaigned a sick 2J Cresida for quite a while.He won Summernats Burnout Comp a while ago in it for his section.The cresida also ran a 10.1 1/4 mile and made @450rwkw,the Aristo had a little more but it was a evolved package from the cresida.Stock bottom ends here bar cams,boost,fuel ect.
2JZ Cressida schmokey - YouTube
Toyota Cressida 2JZ burnout using Kumho Tyres in Adelaide - YouTube
2jz cressida burnout - YouTube

A good tune goes along way.

dsaray

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VR Commodore
ive had 360rwkw on 22psi for about 1.5 years abd did a good 10 passes down the 1/4 with slicks and no problem, now i have 407kw on 26 psi went down the the strip a few times and still going strong, stock bottom and top end, just injectors turbo ecu and cooler, i have to agree with the above, its all in the tune

jakstas

Auto Elec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 M6
Some serious cars there! Well done to the owners & builders!

But....(isn't there always a but?? :p )

Fark me, look at all that boost to get your 400rwkw.

I think I'll stick with my baby 100hp nitrous shot to get mine lol.

GenFree

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX L67 S
ive had 360rwkw on 22psi for about 1.5 years abd did a good 10 passes down the 1/4 with slicks and no problem, now i have 407kw on 26 psi went down the the strip a few times and still going strong, stock bottom and top end, just injectors turbo ecu and cooler, i have to agree with the above, its all in the tune

They are just jealous mate,the beauty is they are cheap to replace for what you get(motors).

Power is power and if you cant shift it you aint got it,who gives a toss what badge or what has to be done to it to make it hammer.

The motors arent invinsible by any stretch though,the cresida has cannoned a engine big time,on youtube as well.

Some people need to grow up and show some more respect.They do great for a 186ci engine and a little assistance:)

Being loyal to your brand is great but being a flog about the rest brings your brand back down,most dont realise this.

GRPABT1

Jakstas' Warden
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN shitta
People really like posting vids and flapping their mouths like it claims some kind of victory alot on here. Neither of us have insulted the motors, I know we both like them. Yet you lot aren't happy unless we get on our knees and pray to the god of 2J no ****.

Yes they're strong motors that can handle a butload of boost to make a shedload of power, but that isn't the be all and end all of a performance engine. Tell me what happens when the lights go green and nobody wants to wait while you sit there spooling your über turbo in your 5000rpm stally? Or when there is a track day and you keep getting lapped because it falls off boost every corner and it overheats after 2 laps? Or when you wanna overtake someone on the highway and have to floor it an eternity before you pull out to go around?

How many of you actually own 1/2j's? If You love them so much then go buy one and then gloat all you like.

GenFree

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX L67 S
People really like posting vids and flapping their mouths like it claims some kind of victory alot on here. Neither of us have insulted the motors, I know we both like them. Yet you lot aren't happy unless we get on our knees and pray to the god of 2J no ****.

Yes they're strong motors that can handle a butload of boost to make a shedload of power, but that isn't the be all and end all of a performance engine. Tell me what happens when the lights go green and nobody wants to wait while you sit there spooling your über turbo in your 5000rpm stally? Or when there is a track day and you keep getting lapped because it falls off boost every corner and it overheats after 2 laps? Or when you wanna overtake someone on the highway and have to floor it an eternity before you pull out to go around?

How many of you actually own 1/2j's? If You love them so much then go buy one and then gloat all you like.
Have you owned a modified turbo car at all,your comments suggest more than likely not,guess thats why you have a red box next to your name due to "uber" awesome posts lol.

Didnt want to respond to your dribble but you requested people that own 2J's.Here you go sweety,I even through in a picture of my massively laggie 350rwkw(1.68 60 foot no wait)BA with the same background(gate ect)so you know its mine.Just for little ol you:)

IMG_0295-1.jpg

IMG_0284-1.jpg

IMG_0285-1.jpg

rohstradasbaford008.jpg

If I say something its from experience in some shape or form.

This(Aristo)made 298rwkw in the end on std turbos at 18psi and through a stalled auto.I hate myself for not keeping it.

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
Aristo's are ####ing awesome, my best mate has one...
Only thing it had done was a cat back and twin intake pipes and ran a 14.1 at 102mph (I think), everything else was stock......

Should be a shitload of fun when the emanage, shiftkit, front pipe and cat goes in... Apparently the twins sound epicly awesome at 18psi.. His aim is for a 12.9 once that's done :)
All I can say is the 2j is awesome once rolling, stock gen3's have no chance... Also not bad from a dig either, does about a 6.3 0-100....... pretty decent for 1700kg car