Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[1MMACUL8] 1995 VS Calais - L67

sycosystem

Reaction score
Members Ride
S1 L67 VS Calais & Datsun 120Y
thanks for that info mate. im gonna have another crack at it tomorrow!

Here is a picture of the speedo correction kit when i had finished soldering it together and wired it into the car.

$54.95, much better than $220, $295 & $350 that i was quoted to supply & install a correction kit from performance shops.

img2771b.jpg

By upeted1, shot with Canon DIGITAL IXUS 500 at 2009-05-28

sycosystem

Reaction score
Members Ride
A few friends said they were going down to the last Woop Ass Wednesday yesterday so i decided to go and have some fun. Although deciding to go down at lunch on the day never works ay, i would have really liked to siphon some fuel out (i had a full tank) and remove my stereo. It weighed in at 1550kg ffs (without me), a friends S2 VS Calais was 1540kg (with him sitting in the car).

Plus there were way to many people there, i only got 3 runs in. First two runs were really ****, the last run i had it worked out and ran a 14.2, with a 2.0 60'. Still lacking some top end, needs a cam

[email protected] - 2.165 (60ft) Winner vs Casper
YouTube - Woop ass wednesday 28th May 2009

[email protected] - 2.159 (60ft) Winner vs R33 GTR (he couldnt drive for **** im assuming)
YouTube - Me vs R33 GTR

[email protected] - 2.056 (60ft) Winner vs Subaru WRX
YouTube - Me vs Subaru WRX

I worked it out on the last run, i stalled it up properly, the others i wasnt stalling it very much if any(concentrating on to many things lol).

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Not a bad run man:thumbsup:
Im workin hard to try & save up for my L67 @ the moment, cant wait:D Any idea on what cam you want to run? also the diff gears your running they would be more for acceleration i gather? you can see the cars quick off the mark, just have to get the legs in the top end now:thumbsup:

sycosystem

Reaction score
Members Ride
Not a bad run man:thumbsup:
Im workin hard to try & save up for my L67 @ the moment, cant wait:D Any idea on what cam you want to run? also the diff gears your running they would be more for acceleration i gather? you can see the cars quick off the mark, just have to get the legs in the top end now:thumbsup:

Cheers cxcx,

Ive already decided on the XP-Hot Cam from ZZP, its basically the best performing cam without any headwork, or so im told. My 60' times of 2 seconds are pretty good, they seem pretty dominant over 60'. Although i havent seen a Evo or STI's 60' times.

It certainly lacks top end, more boost and cam will fix that :thumbsup:

crewsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sierra
Here is a picture of the speedo correction kit when i had finished soldering it together and wired it into the car.

$54.95, much better than $220, $295 & $350 that i was quoted to supply & install a correction kit from performance shops.

img2771b.jpg

By upeted1, shot with Canon DIGITAL IXUS 500 at 2009-05-28

yeh mate Ive got the exact same kit. probly the the cheapest most effective way to go. Soldered mine up like 3 months ago in perparation and now ive gotta just get in there and wire it up

sycosystem

Reaction score
Members Ride
reckon you could chuck up a pic of which one you wired it to? I tried the violet and white one but it doesnt work :( (A10) on the ecu

Nah mate i dont have a picture i wired it to, it was C5 on mine. Ill check my Max Ellery book see if the V8 is different. Ill get back to you asap

eko

3kO
Reaction score
Members Ride
Soon to own vb commy end of year
looks very nıce and neat mate da engıne looks mınt keep the good work up hope to seee the changes up on jc as u go along best of luck