Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1st to 2nd Gear trouble at high revs

Tadz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
VS S2 3.8 Ecotec, Chipped and Stage 2 Shift kit, I recently had my Crank Angel sensor and Tensioner pully replaced, I picked the car up today and first things first, i ran it in. I soon noticed that the car would stop at 60kmh at high revs. It would just studer and rev ( Backfired one time also ). Can anyone think why my car will not shift from 1st to second at high revs? The problem has ONLY occured after the repair.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Check they haven't disconnected the TPS. Why not take it back to repairers.

Tadz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
Check they haven't disconnected the TPS. Why not take it back to repairers.
I am planning to, Was just wondering because if i can fix it myself i ill. Because they have ####ed up twice now so it will be free and it will be the last time i use them ( First time they left the Rear stabalizer rubbers out.. I mean common even a first year apprentice knows better )
TPS, New to cars and learning as fast as i can, But where could i find the "TPS"?

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
TPS is throttle position sensor - it sits on the throttle body and tells the ECU (computer) whether the acellerator is at idle or mid range or to the floor so that it can then tell the transmission when to change.

Also check this link: 4l60e Problems and Solutions - S-10 Forum

Might be a good time to get yourself a workshop manual - Gregorys is the pick - will save many hassles.

Tadz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
i have a Manual.. i have.. Misplaced it lol
THANKS for your help :)

Last edited: