Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2 1/2 or 3in

purple ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ SS / 07 VE SS
Hi, l have a VZ ss stock at the moment, but going to put a bigger cam and do the heads up later on would like to no which one would be
better.What would be the best size headers 1 3/4 or 1 7/8 and the cat back 2 1/2 or 3 in thanks.

Farlap

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Down to preference really...you could handle 1 7/8 & a 3" with those mods, I went 1 7/8 & 2.5" with a cam, did a lot of research/asking and 3" doesn't provide much/if any power gains un less you go forced induction...its just for sound. After hearing a few 3" LS powered cars drive past work I chose the smaller cat back...3" is stupid loud.

bozodos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 MY06
been asked quite a few times before, fairly subjective really, 3" sounds better, will gain more top end power without losing any bottom end (on 6.0+ at least), not too bad in a manual, pretty loud on an auto

Marty_59

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE V6 Commodore Omega ute
Hi There,
Mine is stock as a rock (06 SS crewman), put a 3 inch cat back system on, don't intend to do anything else at the moment, sounds good, a bit "droney", nothing I can't live with, just living the dream.

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
Making 295 with a twin 2.25 into single 3 inch.

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
Down to preference really...you could handle 1 7/8 & a 3" with those mods, I went 1 7/8 & 2.5" with a cam, did a lot of research/asking and 3" doesn't provide much/if any power gains un less you go forced induction...its just for sound. After hearing a few 3" LS powered cars drive past work I chose the smaller cat back...3" is stupid loud.

I pretty much agree with this post apart from the stupid loud part.

Cammed LS motor with a twin 3in is where its at.......