Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2.5" Catback silent after 2500revs EXHAUST

tdirago

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
its not so much the engine is louder, its more the fact the noise from the exhaust is completly cut..

so is it normal to cut out at 3000revs and be bascily silent, i guess that was my initial question. i just notice outside the car it isnt that loud, well compared to what i hear around on the streets and just assumed thats because i have never really gone past 2500 revs, so as stated i tested it in nuetral and noticed it was really queit

Zarconia

Outrageous Fondler
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 R8 Maloo
thanks for advice.. the reason i post this on a forum and not go to a store is because you have only one aim.To help or give advice to someone.

They however have two motives, the other is to make money, and because im to noob at cars atm to know whats the best for me id try my luck here first haha if you get what i mean, but of course ill go first thing monday ;)

I dont mind going a tiny bit over the limit coz im a maddog

Yeah thats right mate but thing is you come to a forum you might get completely different answers. I like to give advice but at the same time im in no way a professional i just go by what i see.

But yeah, i had a straight pipe with just the hot dog at the back and i never had problems with police but there again i never gave it enough to warrant it. Once they checked it out but they didnt do anything about it but police are id like to think a bit lenient here if your not driving like an absolute toss which is good

tdirago

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
so the straight pipe just means there isnt a muffler where there is meant to be one near the engine part but the hotdog i have stays yea?

Zarconia

Outrageous Fondler
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 R8 Maloo
A straight pipe is just the exhaust with no mufflers (Guaranteed illegal). Mufflers can be in a variety of spots there can be one near the cat and one at the rear near the tip. The hotdog can be placed anywhere on the exhaust, it all depends on how you want it to sound.