Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2.5 exhaust on Sv6

Hammagill3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
gday
i was wondering if a 2.5 twin exhaust with 2 rear mufflers and no front mufflers would sound alright on a SV6, i asked the bloke who's selling it and he said it will be quite loud but i want to hear it i just don't want it to be too loud. whats your opinions?
cheers

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
i have a twin 2.5 inch exhaust with both front and rear mufflers. it sounds nice, but does drone at very low rpm. id imagine without the front mufflers it would be pretty damn loud, as well as drone heaps

CKaras

Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ SV6 Auto
Speaking to a very reputable exhaust center here in Adelaide, they recommend a twin 2 1/4 system as they rekon it doesn't drone as much as a 2 1/2. However they were quite helpful in explaining that a 2 1/4 system provides better torque where as a 2 1/2 system provides more power up top. In the end it's all up to your own particular taste and what you want to achieve...

kngsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
i have a twin 2.5 inch exhaust with both front and rear mufflers. it sounds nice, but does drone at very low rpm. id imagine without the front mufflers it would be pretty damn loud, as well as drone heaps

hey richardpalinkas, do you have a recording or a youtube video of your exhaust?

cheers

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
hey richardpalinkas, do you have a recording or a youtube video of your exhaust?

cheers

i could get one, dont really like to sit there and rev a car on the spot so next time i go for a drive il record what it sounds like in the cabin. btw, i drove through the clem7 today, and sitting at 80km, drones like a mother lol. but its not unbearable when you are driving in open spaces.

Hammagill3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
thanks for your help, i want to hear it but i don't want it to be so loud im gonna draw attention to myself. so you reckon 2 rear mufflers and no front muffler is a no go?

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
i would say its a no go. even mine with the front mufflers and the rear mufflers its loud enough to be heard, but not overdoing it. i tried recording my exhaust before just from in the cabin, but it wasnt loud enough lol. il get one soon and il put it up on youtube to hear.

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
hey recorded a little clip, which involves starting, revving once and at the very end of the clip a small takeoff. but please do listen with some decent speakers, theres too much bass for laptop speakers to sound good

YouTube - VZ SV6 Exhaust

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
btw, i got a fine from the drive in clem7 :(